hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

I joined a few weeks ago, but I finally have chance to post a hello message.
    So hello to all. I have had my fish for maybe about 6 mos., so I am fairly new to the hobby. This is also the first forum of any kind that I have joined, so I am new to this, as well. I really look forward to getting to know all of you.

Re: hi

Welcome, its a great place. You'll learn a lot, i know i have.

What type of fish do you keep?

Comment

Cool! Welcome. Please tell us about your fish.

max

Comment

Welcome to the box!
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have a tiger oscar, about 5" or so, a severum, slightly smaller, 2 bala sharks in the 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 range and an african featherfin cat, probably a bit larger than 5". In additon, in a 10g tank, I have a few ghost shrimp, many, many snails, and the remains of the plants I had in the larger tank until my oscar decded to eat most of them and tried to rearrange the rest. He couldn't move the larger ones and, consequently, tore them to shreds. Then spent a good bit of time pouting because he no longer had any plants with which to play. He now has several large artificial plants that he can drag around the tank 'til his heart's content. In fact, I often see the oscar and the severum helping each other to pull them out of the gravel. Anyway, the plants have all been moved. The plan is to try and nurse them back to health and plant them, along with some new ones in a 30g that I have, after I fix the leak. My bf also has a tank w/ a pair of oscars, a pair of jack dempseys, a gold nugget pleco, an african featherfin and an asian tiger lobster.

Comment

It sounds like they are Root and Scoot interior decorators LOL O well put everythin where you don't want it and maybe they will move it around till they get it where you want it.

max

Comment

hola there!!!! u'll love the box and the members here artyman:

Comment

That's funny. The oscar's name is Scooter

Comment

And, yes I'm sure I'll love the box. At least it seems so, from what I've read so far.

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome to HFB!

Don't know if I missed it somehow, but how big is your main tank?
                      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Hello and Welcome! 8)

Comment

:rockon:  Welcome, lot of great advice and support can be found here.  When you get a chance post a couple of pics.  We love pics  
                          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Thankyou. No, you didn't miss it, I forgot to mention the tank size. Unfortunately, Scooter and the gang are currently housed in a 55 gal. tank. They will all be outgrowing it soon, so I will be in the market for something much larger.  I'm kinda window-shopping around right now, but any actual purchases will have to wait a couple of months or so. I have been considering (I'm not sure how seriously) building my own, maybe from plywood diy plans. Not too sure which way I will go on this, but it will need to be a pretty good sized tank. I have a really good little group of fish in there and I intend to keep them all together. Anyway, I will gladly post pics as soon as I can, but alas, my camera phone has been stolen, so that, too, will have to wait. I look forward to showing them off.

Comment

Working...
                            X