This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AquaZoo

As im sure a lot of people know, ive been looking for Female Bristlenose plecos.

I called Aqua Zoo earlier today and they confirmed they had 6-7 Female plecos. I asked the price and was told $8/fish. I thought that seemed cheap so i asked how big they were. A woman working there tol dme that they were all around 3.5". I told her great i'll take them all tonight.
    I drove all the way from Jasper to the store (nearly 4 Hours) to pick up the bristlenose before someone else snatched them up. upon arrival i was asked if i needed help - i explained id called earlier about the bristlenose. She showed me to a tank that had several bristlenose all around 1.5-2". She said that it was her i had spoken to, and that these are the ones she was talking about.
    I reminded her that she had said they had 3.5" females, she said "well these are about 2.5 inches". I replied that they were in fact all 2" or less. and she said "well thats what we have" and stormed off.
    Ticked off is not the word. I drove all the way from Jasper, cutting a mini-holiday short to get these. The woman was rude and cost me a lot of time and money for nothing.

Needless to say im very upset at the whole thing. How she could tell me they had females, she couldnt even tell how big they were? She was looking in the tank when she spoke to me on the phone...
    Ok well i guess thats enough. I realise Aqua Zoo is a sponser of this site, i dont think that should give them immunity from being criticized. Ive stuck to the rules, not fabricated anything. I was walked away from when i tried to sort out the problem.

Re: AquaZoo

Was she a worker, manager or one of the owners?  I would have taken it up the ladder...that wasn't right at all.  

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

I dont know, thats the first time ive been in there. Its not the fact that she walked away, she may have been very busy. But drive for around 4 hours to buy something, and it not be as advertised, then get told that you can take it or leave it. Im sure its a oneoff, i read the other reviews of this store, sounds like people are happy with it.

I should have stopped to talk to the man that was there, but i just wanted to get out and get home. It then took another hour to get home. What a waste of time.

Comment

Have you called fish r us in the woodlands? I was just there over the weekend and they had several, you might want to call and ask. (936)321-3474 speak to Jason he was really helpful to my mother and I. I do not know if they are female?

Comment

Well i had stopped going in there because of the dyed and tattoed fish, but with the trouble im having with bristlenose i actually went there a few weeks ago. All they had back then were males. If i cant find any at the HAS acution, i'll probably go back to have another look.

Comment

I raise them and it seems I am always male heavy. I never sell females, will sell pairs only and that is not to often. It is usually best to get a batch of young fish and raise them to get used to your water and maintenance. You will have better and healthier fish in the long run. That is how I got my first breeders and I constantly am growing out fish apart from the fry I sell. They are not hard to breed but it seems lots of people do have problems with them. Good luck in your search.

Comment

It looks like i'll have to order online and get them shipped. You sure you dont have any females you could spare? Id give you $20 each for breeder size.

Comment

That sucks

Did you contact Fish RanchII? I can probably swing by before work and check them out again for you if you want me to.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah i checked out Fishranch, they only had males. They said theyd sold some earlier in the day, i probably missed any females.

Fishranch is FishranchII right>?

Comment

I stopped by fish mart today.  they didn't have any bristles at all, but the guy said they were ordering again next thursday (the 8th) and if they were on the list he'd order some.
                    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

MAN, so sorry that happened!! I've ALWAYS had a great experience there.

Comment

Sorry to hear you had that experience with them. They are great people and it sounds like an honest mistake to me. I can certainly understand your frustration. Personally I can only tell you how big fish are +/- 1.5" because I'm not a very good judge of size. Their sponsorship doesn't make them immune and I appreciate the fact that you stuck mostly to the facts. The only thing I can recommend(this goes for any store in which you have problems) is to speak to the manager then or call them afterwards before you post something in anger. We should at least give people the chance to satisfy you.  Otherwise, every single store in the area will have bad things posted about them. It's just the nature of the beast. You can't please everyone everytime. Please come back and share the follow-up experience. Thanks for the input, ken

Comment

As far as Aqua Zoo goes, they only have two people there so talking with a "manager" is who you talk to anytime you call.  I personally do a lot of business with them and have never had any issues with them.  I am sure that this is a one off experience.  If you were to call them back and explain your frustration I am sure that they would take care of you in the future.

Comment

I had pointed out that im sure it was a one-off.
                            I just needed to tell someone to get a pat on the back and a 'there-there.'
                            I was really frustrated. not so much now - I FOUND 7 female plecos for $10 each at 3.5". 3 Albino and 4 Brown.

I have to pick them up in Sugarland, but heck ive been looking at driving to dallas or san antonio.

I think theres a lesson to be learned...Woman cant judge size (and for some of us guys that allows us to exagerate a little.  )

Comment

After your post was made stating that the bristlenose plecos are 1.5 - 2.0 inches, I decided to measure the fish with a ruler, and four of them are 3 inches and two are 2.5 inches.  I was obviously wrong with my initial estimate, and I apologize for that.  It was an honest mistake that I am sure even you could make.  While in our store,  you were rude and argumentative, so I decided to walk away to difuse the situation.  I did not storm away---- anyone who knows me knows that I do not behave that way.  You were angry and confrontational, and I chose not to argue with a potential customer.  

It is unfortunate that with your frustration you decided to launch personal online insults at someone that you know nothing about.  If you wanted larger plecos than we had in our store, we would have been more than happy to get you what you need... that is what we do every day for our customers.

The Aqua Zoo

Comment

Working...
                              X