Purigen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purigen

Any thoughts about the above as far as improving water clarity?

Re: Purigen

Absolutely the best out there!!!!!

I just recently put a bag into my planted tank and overnight it was a drastic difference!!!!! I have lots of aquasoil and other things that tinged the water like tea and the water changes were moving too slow so I added one 100ml bag and it did the trick!

I also have three of them in my 135g frontosa tank which has helped amazingly too!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Do you just put it in your Eheim's or hang it in your wet/dry?  Have you recharged it before?  Safe after recharging?  How much for a 375?

Comment

I have it set up in both ways.

My planted tank has only an eheim canister so it goes in the canister filter before the micro filter pad(just in case the bag goes bad I wont have it floating all over my tank) but in my bigger tanks which have wet/dry's I just throw them into the sump section.

I have recharged some of them at least twice already and some are in need of recharging now. I just do as seachem recommends and bleach solution followed by a Prime solution and then rinse and put back into the sump. I have not noticed any problems with doing so and the water clarity is still there along with the fish so I am guessing it is more than safe.

Each 100ml pre-bagged purigen is sold to work for a 100g for up to 6months but I have three in each 6ft 125g and 135g and depending on the impurities in you water will determine how long before you have to recharge. Drsfostersmith.com offers in one Liter containers in which you have to get a bag for but I think that should be more than enough for your tank!

I am a bit excessive when it comes to my hobbies so if there is no negative effects from it I use more than necessary.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Purigen is awesome it works really well.

There are some precautions about water conditioners that you can use.  So please be sure to read the directions on the package first.

If your using PRIME as your water conditioner then there is no issues...

Take care,

Geoff
          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Working...
          X