self priming power filters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self priming power filters?

I've got an really old Whisper 200 filter on my tank. It does a good job filtering, but when the power goes out it doesn't self prime, I have to pour a little water into it to get the watter flowing again. I'm worried I'm going to come home one day to a mass casuality and a burned up filter because of a power outage. I have been thinking about upgrading to a Penguin bio-wheel filter and was wondering if they self prime.

Anybody have any ideas about this or suggestions on what brand of power filter (if any) is self priming?
    Current Setup
    20L
    6 guppies, 1 dwarf platy, 2 pepperd corys, 1 emerald cory, 1 ghost shrimp

5.5G
    4 bronze corys, 1 otocinclus, 2 mystery snails, lots of algae

Re: self priming power filters?

I have an Emperor 280 and Penguin 350 and both of them will draw water by themselves after the power has been cut.

The best deal i found was to go to www.petsmart.com and find the Penguin 350, print the screen and take it to a petsmart store. Tell them you want to price match the online price and they'll sell it to you for $26.99+tax.
    Heres a link directly to the filter

Comment

Hmm,. i only just noticed you have a 10g and a 5.5g. The penguin will be huge sitting on the back of your tank.
      Which ever filter you decide, check the petsmart online price and it may be cheaper.

Comment

That's great. I'm definately going to get a Penguin then, probably the 150. I'm going to be setting up a 20 long (my biggest tank ever) in a day or two, so I'm not to worried about the size of the filter. Once that tank is cycled I'll be moving all my fish up a tank size and will be using the 5.5G for a sick tank.

I didn't know that Petsmart matched their online price in the store. That should save me a few bucks. Thanks.
        Current Setup
        20L
        6 guppies, 1 dwarf platy, 2 pepperd corys, 1 emerald cory, 1 ghost shrimp

5.5G
        4 bronze corys, 1 otocinclus, 2 mystery snails, lots of algae

Comment

Working...
        X