Spawning Petricola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawning Petricola

Anybody here know how to do this? I have been reading a little about the flower pot marble way. But I would rather talk to or be shown by soneone who has experince. Let them be in the drivers seat and I will just go along for the ride.

Right now I have a female holding with eggs in with two males. If everything goes right maybe I have time to rig up a spawning site.

I would like to try Petricola fry.  Thanks

Re: Spawning Petricola

I never have spawned them.

Alex at Ultimate Fish has. You might pay him a visit.

I do however, know they like caves.  Really small ones.
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

It is easier to have two flower pots with marbles... that way you can switch them out every couple days to keep the inside of the flower pot clean. Most of the articles are fairly comprehensive.
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I will call Alex today and see how talkative he is. Prosper wil be back at work today also.

Most of the articles that I found at Planet Catfiush and other places seem to all have different problems either with fungus on the eegs,tumbling or not to,feeding ect. I think it might be a little bit more involved than say raising Yellow Labs.

Thanks for the replys.

Comment

Working...
        X