Native Plants - ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Plants - ID?

I have had these two plants for probably about a year and a half, and still can't determine what they are. Can anyone help?? They were collected in Florida, I THINK around Tallahassee, but one may be from the Tampa/St. Pete area...Don't remember.

The closest I've ever gotten to IDing this one is Rotala (macranda?) or some type of Ludwigia, both are native to Florida, I believe.

This next one is a complete mystery to me. I've looked in every book I have, and can't find anything. After searching for a while, I thought that maybe it was actually a bog plant/land plant that was surviving submerged for a time...but it's been almost 2 years and it's still putting out new "stems" every couple of weeks (now more often with the CO2 system I added   ).

Thanks for any help!!  :)
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Native Plants - ID?

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

Comment

Re: Native Plants - ID?

*Sigh*

Okay, I guess I'll just keep looking.  :sigh:

Comment

Over two years have elapsed, and I still don't know what the first one is. Was. It's gone to a better place now, and I really miss having that plant.

Anyways, if anyone has any idea what that first one is, please let me know. It looks different than any of the Ludwigia I've been able to find. I would love to be able to collect it again, and maybe knowing its species name would help me along in that respect.

Thanks!

Comment

The first one looks like Rotala Indica but I cant get the picture to blow up any more
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Is this better? I noticed that you couldn't enlarge it, as well, but figured it was just me...

Comment

The red one could be a Ludwigia hybrid keep in mid that Florida has plant nurseries left and right so many exotic are out there, so allow me to flower it so I can get a correct name the second on the other hand I have no idea so I will not even try to take a wild guess so if I can get one also I can submit it to the right people for a correct ID.
              Luis

Comment

The second one I figured out. The name eludes me right now, but I did eventually find it. Unfortunately, I don't have the first one any more. :( I was hoping to ask you guys again (the first posts were like 2 years ago, lol) so I could maybe have the possibility of obtaining the plant again. I really, really liked it.

Thanks for the help.

I am very well aware that Florida has almost every popular aquarium fish and plant living amongst the natives, but I am almost positive I collected this one in Tallahassee, which has somewhat fewer exotics, or at least did 5 years ago when I collected the plant. May be wishful thinking, but even if it's not native I would still love to know what it was. Darn me for not thinking of trying to let it flower. :(

Comment

They look really neat whatever they are!

Comment

Working...
                  X