The monster in my 20 long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The monster in my 20 long

This is my almost 1 year old African Clawed Frog...he will eat pretty much anything in his tank...size does not matter.  I had to remove a 13 inch eel (gy. tile) from his tank because I walked in to find him with about 3 inches of the eel in his mouth.

Re: The monster in my 20 long

how big is he?
    Michael
    Clear Lake, TX

Comment

A good 5.5 to 6 inches nose to butt...

Comment

thats a good size frog, but he sure is cool looking (it may be a female not trying to be sexist)
        Never fear I is here
        David Abeles
        Vice President
        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

cool!
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

8O  Wow, hope the eel's okay! Cool looking frog!
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

That is awesome!! Do you keep anythying else in there with it?

Comment

Well he has a blue mystery snail in with him, but tries to eat anything else...I am considering getting him/her...  a mate, I don't think they eat their own kind.

Comment

When I was a kid I was going to raise bull frogs to sell for frog legs and found out quickly that the do eat their own kind.  My dozen bull frogs soon turned into just a couple fat and happy frogs that I finally let go.  I would suggest caution when putting two frogs together because you may soon only have one.

Comment

I saw this article today, it seems like a few "conservationists" in San Francisco thought their frogs would be happier in a pond....oops.

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.

The quote that kills me is "Park officials have pulled some 2,500 of the frogs from the pond since 2003."

WOW.

Comment

Since I can't say something nice, I won't say anything at all.  :badsmiley:
                      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

1- the article cracks me up!  Xenopus can breed like wildfire- hence the reason we use them in science all the time!  Eggs are huge and easy to work with.

2. Yes I know this an old post- but if anyone else reads this.  Yuo can have multiple frogs together as logn as you feed them regularly.  I had 4 together for over 1 year- one died recently due to a disease it got from the feeder fish.  My other 3 are- well alive and kicking- 2 are battling disease - again from feeder fish- Hence why I wish someone in town would carry KoiZyme and I wouldn't have to pay all these shipping fees! :)

But overall I hav a happy 10 gallon tank with themin it.  And a Comet who grew fast enough for them not to eat him!

And yes that is one of my frogs in my avatar- when it was only about 1 month old (as a full frog).

Comment

Working...
                        X