75g - New addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75g - New addition

I bought a used 75g tank last month to add to my ever growing collection.  I've set it up and has cycled, just waiting for its new occupants to arrive.  I'm thinking of adding two more pieces of holey rock I got from Armthehomeless to the right side and maybe removing the current piece of rock out.  I'm shooting for something simplistic, yet eye catching....lol.  The substrate is Pool filter sand...roughly a 100 pounds of it,  I think I need to add a little more.  The filtration is a lonely Aqua Clear 500 HOB filter.

Its not a show tank, but its nice to me and that's what counts.  Oh yeah, what do yall think....should I put a background color?  Blue?  Black? Do they make a midnight Blue?

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Re: 75g - New addition

I've heard light blue looks best on saltwater tanks, dark blue looks best on freshwater. I personally prefer black!

I can only see the first pic for some reason?

Ellen

Comment

pics should work now.  Its the right side of the tank I'm not happy with.  Going to replace that rock with more holey rock.
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

I agree with Ellen, black is the way to go. Most if not all of mine but one has a black back drop and the fish's colors seem to look better to me, and if your are going to take pics, the black looks better, just be care of the flash, I got a bunch of cool fish pics, but you can see my hands in the pics because of the flsh and the black.  Nice tank, what is going in that bad boy?

Comment

I can't say for sure yet.  I'm waiting on a deal to see if it works out or not.....I hope it does.

You know I'm gonna have another eight 75s coming soon to keep me occupied with what to put in them.....its got to be against the law to have this much fun!

:dance:

Raul
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

i like the black background too...
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I'm in for black too!

that looks similar to lava/lace rock? I would pile up the holey rock a bit more on the sides!
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i agree with black for background, the fish seem to pop out and se do plants. (if you have them in there that is) and the rock looks like pumice to me. if you can hit it and powder it real easy then that is what i probably is.
                Never fear I is here
                David Abeles
                Vice President
                Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I usually try out both black and blue, sometimes one looks better than the other depending on what's in the tank.    But I'll say the majority of the backgrounds I have are black. Not sure if they make a midnight blue, but it might look nice on that tank. Maybe Tiapan or someone who works at a pet store can check it out for ya.
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Raul, I like the white sand and the Holy rock looks great. It would look even better with some of my Electric Blues in the tank also. I have some males 10.00 each that are in full color and a large number of females 8.00 each.  
                        In about a month i will have Yellow labs that will be ready for sale. I have four females that have spawn and have about eighty fry i need to grow out.

Comment

The store that I work at does not have midnight blue backgrounds - although I think it would look nice.
                      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I think midnight blue would look good, but If I can't find something that color I will settle for black.
                        Raul
                        PokerFace

Comment

oh yeah, thanks for your comments and opinions.  I really do appreciate them.

Raul
                          Raul
                          PokerFace

Comment

Working...
                          X