Dyed and tattooed fish - MSN Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyed and tattooed fish - MSN Video

This link worked when I did a preview... hope it works for you.  If not, just visit 'MSN Video Highlights' and you should be able to find it.  A pet store in NY decides that selling these fish is a good way to get kids interested in the hobby.

Re: Dyed and tattooed fish - MSN Video

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

thats mean :(

Comment

I saw some Blood Parrots tattooed with hearts about 2 months ago in a fish store in Beaumont, TX.  Pretty terrible if you ask me.

Comment

I think any store that sells tatooed or died fish deserves to be boycotted.

I have told a couple of store owners exactly that and at least 1 has agreed to stop carrying them.    If we all told all the owners the same thing, I think most of them would stop - we all spend alot more than the average person that is buying those fish.    :evil:

Comment

I have seen I [heart] U, flags, hearts, stripes, and solid color gourami's,parrots, mollies etc.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The best indicator of a BAD fish store are baby turtles. they require sooo much more than any of them suggest. I have so many people come in having just bought them for a few bucks and then they realize that they need a few hundred bucks worth of stuff to keep them alive. Most don't care and alot of turtles end up with metabolic bone problems or tossed in a pond.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
              n

Comment

YEAH the baby turtle thing is bad, but parents always cave to the kids in stead of doing what they should do and get the kid a book about them first so they can learn how totake care of them.
                Never fear I is here
                David Abeles
                Vice President
                Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I think its funny that the spca person thought that they looked healthy. Clamped Fins ≠ healthy.

Comment

From a retail business owners perspective you guys/gals should realize that owners have to keep what people want.  Many times in retail, the items that are the most requested are also the most controversal.

People on this forum that do not like that practice need to realize that out of all the fish keepers in the US, or houston for that matter, we are the minority.  I would say that vast majority of fish keepers just go to petco or petsmart, buy a tank and some fish, and never bother to learn anything about them like we do.

Comment

Just because a store has dyed/ tattooed fish does not mean that they ordered them. Sometimes they just "show up" on the bill along with other fish. It isn't ALWAYS up the the shop owner.
                      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

How about your opinion on shark fin soup and other inhumane dishes. They sell well in some countries but it doesn't make it acceptable for a resturant. IMHO
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                        n

Comment

I'm probally one of the few people here that sees no moral problem with dyed/injected fish, BUT:
                          1)I don't find them aesthetically pleasing
                          2)They die.
                          2)I think that thats its not in the best interest of shops to carry them because they die. When a person looses a fish he will be less inclined to buy another one.

Comment

Originally posted by gt3guru";p="
                            How about your opinion on shark fin soup and other inhumane dishes. They sell well in some countries but it doesn't make it acceptable for a resturant. IMHO
                            I believe that the right to consume shark fin soup [provided that it is obtained peacefully] is an essential liberty. I think Ben would agree.

Comment

I'm not sure what happened here. I thought I was editing my post...

Comment

Working...
                              X