EXPERIENCE WITH GREEN SEVERUMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXPERIENCE WITH GREEN SEVERUMS?

Hello, I am considering keeping Green Severums, does anyone have any experience with these? I am considering having them as tank mates with a MBU Puffer. Both of them seem to have the same water peramiter needs but have different diets. From what I have read They are not very aggresive,but can hold their own, and would not try to take my puffer's food. I keep the puffer's water at 7.0-7.3 ph and temp at 78-79F. The tank they will be housed in will be 220g and have bog wood, large rocks/caves and artificial plants. Plenty of room and hideing places. any commments on this fish or keeping it with my puffer would be appreciated as I have not kept Green Severums before but they seem to be a great fish and possible tank mate for the puffer. Thanks so much!

Re: EXPERIENCE WITH GREEN SEVERUMS?

No experience having a severum with a puffer as tankmates, but I have had and still do, a green severum in my 125g with many other cichlids.  Tank mates include:

Hongi
    Demansoni
    Yellow labs
    OB Zebra
    Scat
    clown loach
    bala shark
    rainbow shark
    Red Devils
    various kinds of catfish
    Kenyi
    Plecos
    yellow blaze Peacock
    mono

My Ph is around 8.0, I think what you will need to worry about is deeping your severum in a quarantine tank for a bit and slowly adjust the Ph. so that you don't shock the severum to death.  Most fish around here are aclimated to a Ph. of around 8.0, unless you know for a fact the supplier you buy from keeps there water at a similar Ph level.

They are pretty fish small and prettier when adults.  The only other thing I can say from my experience is that young/small severum are not a hardy fish.  They are sensitive to changes in their water.

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

Did you end up getting a green severum?  I have one that I put in with a green terror and it got ich from the stress so back in the quarantine tank he went.  No one else in the tank got ich so I attribute it to his being picked on.  He's about 3-4 inches now and he's back in the tank with the green terror.  They all did fine until the green terror mysteriously disappeared a few weeks back.  Revenge?  I can't be positive.  (water parameters are okay, nitrates were a little higher than I'd have liked but after some regular water changes they went back to "normal".).  Funny thing is there is a buenos ares tetra that I couldn't ever catch and he's still going strong in the tank.
      58G Malawis
      10G planted

Comment

Hello, yes I did get a green severum that I just love! I got only one but it did not end up in the tank with my puffer, but in a 75gal cichlid tank with Houton tap water. PH is about 8.3. But it has done great and has got a good size, about 5", with nice color.

Comment

Working...
        X