Village Tropical Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Village Tropical Fish

Share your experience with the Village Tropical Fish in Houston.

Re: Village Tropical Fish

From my experience this is the best fish store for planted aquariums and community fish in Houston, even though its a little run down from a few years ago.

Comment

Thankfully they are moving into their new place in a week or two.

do we need to plan a get together some weekend after they move?
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
      n

Comment

Since my office is 3 lights from their new location, I'm pretty sure where I'll be spending many lunch hours. :dance:
        75gal heavy planted tank
        pea gravel on soil substrate
        DIY CO2
        3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
        same substrate
        DIY CO2
        1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Comment

so are they buying all new equipment? how much of what they have are they moving do you think?
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
          n

Comment

I can't wait until they move.  The parking will most certainly be better.  Plus it's moving in my direction.   I love going in there although sometimes it's hard to get help because they seemed to be busy everytime I go in there.  But that's good for them!
            58G Malawis
            10G planted

Comment

yeah the parking could be way better!!!! i went for the first time with the car in my avatar and had to park down the street. :( i like the place though, very nice plant selection.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

was there last nite buying my frozen krill..........the move won't happen til sometime in Feb.  was supposed to happen mid-Jan........now postponed a little longer.  Check out the blueprint of the new place.......it's posted right next to the entrance where the sw fish are.

i've been a customer there since 1988 when Mike owned it.  They always treated me great.  You pay a higher price on their exotic stuff.
                180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

i like village was there yesterday and they said all new equipment. they dont know yet whether they will be selling the old or moving to another store that the owner will be setting up i think he said in Denver? think that was what he said. anyway they have threadfins rainbows in but they are 6.99 a piece or 2 for 12 yikes.
                  Never fear I is here
                  David Abeles
                  Vice President
                  Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I would be cool if they sold off all their stuff for cheap.  I went into Planet Fish a few years back to get some food and found out they were moving.  They were liquidating all their fish.  Of course, nothing I could take, but cool nonetheless.  I never did figure out where they moved.
                    58G Malawis
                    10G planted

Comment

I really like this store. I bought some fish that turned out to be some ohter name than what they sold them under, and the boogers got really aggressive. I had lost the recipt and tried to get someone to take them off my hands, but no one wanted them. So a month later I call Village and tell them about the situation and they said to bring them back. I got store credit and they were very nice about it.

They have healthy fish, and plants and a nice staff. But they sure do get busy! I don't mind waiting, because there is so much to look at in the meantime!  :)

Comment

planet fish moved back down stella link right before 610. however its about the size of a broom closet now, no selection just a store front for their maintnance company. its on a side street on the left if you are heading south, just in case you want to stop by.
                        Never fear I is here
                        David Abeles
                        Vice President

Comment

I'll stop by.  I live right by there.
                          58G Malawis
                          10G planted

Comment

Drove from Spring to visit the store today.  Very nice shop, friendly people, great selection of FW fish, inverts, plants and busy, very busy - but adequate staff to get what I wanted when I was ready.  I look forward to returning once they have moved to the new, larger location.  I asked one of the staff memebers and he said they were targeting the first part of Feb. to make the move.
                            Drew

Comment

Village has started its moving away sale, they have a lot of fish by one get one free. all tanks are 15 percent off and they are selling the 175 bowfront (just the tank nothing in it) for 350, so if you get the chance or just need some fairly cheap 20 gallons and such then i say hit tem up. oh and they had fessedren (plant) for like 5 bucks a little bag of it. i had never seen it in a store before looks cool.
                              Never fear I is here
                              David Abeles
                              Vice President

Comment

Working...
                              X