Eheim 2215

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eheim 2215

so I finally tried to get the eheim running in order to flush out the salt water and bring in the fresh, I cleaned it up set up the hoses, filled the canister with water, then siphoned the inlet for priming (got a mouthfull of 2 month old saltwater btw blah!  8O ), plugged it in, and then nothing happened, the flilter is running, it's just not moving water, did I confuse my inlet and outlets?

Oh forgot this (inlet being the line that goes into the bottom of the filter and supply being the line that comes out of the top of the filter)

Re: Eheim 2215

the inlet is on the bottom - you just need to make sure that it is activly siphoning water when you connect it to the eheim and then plug it in

Comment

make sure you open the ball valves too
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
        make sure you open the ball valves too
        what and where are those?

Comment

they are optional quick disconnect valves so that you can clean the filter without getting water all over the floor

sounds like you don't have them

Comment

Couple things you can try:

First make sure the inlet is far down in your tank so that the pump does not have to work so hard trying to lift the water into the canister to force out the air.

Open the lid and try filling the canister with some of the water from your tank.  This way the pump does not have to work trying to push all that air out of the canister.

Lastly, before turning on the pump, you can always try sucking on the return (outlet) line.  This will empty some of your tank water into the canister.  Water should start flowing once you plug in the pump.  Initially, you might hear some gugling some as the air bubbles are being flushed out.   Caution: Just dont suck it too fast!  Although harmless, tank water is not very tasty!!!  Good luck.
            "Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."
            -- Dale Carnegie

Comment

Originally posted by Philistine";p="
              they are optional quick disconnect valves so that you can clean the filter without getting water all over the floor

sounds like you don't have them
              i've got those, I thought he was referring to something else, I had them turned in-line with the hoses, the way I understand it, that means they're open for business, if not than the one I syphoned is busted, because that water was horrible. 8O

Comment

Originally posted by kevin89";p="
                Couple things you can try:

First make sure the inlet is far down in your tank so that the pump does not have to work so hard trying to lift the water into the canister to force out the air.

Open the lid and try filling the canister with some of the water from your tank.  This way the pump does not have to work trying to push all that air out of the canister.

Lastly, before turning on the pump, you can always try sucking on the return (outlet) line.  This will empty some of your tank water into the canister.  Water should start flowing once you plug in the pump.  Initially, you might hear some gugling some as the air bubbles are being flushed out.   Caution: Just dont suck it too fast!  Although harmless, tank water is not very tasty!!!  Good luck.
                will do, the suction cups will need to be replaced eventually though, they're hard and have no give left to creat the vacuum to keep it attached to the glass.

Comment

Working...
                X