Substrate sources in town?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substrate sources in town?

Hiya.. New member to the site here. Just got a new 55g tank, and in the process of getting all the equipment I'm going to need. I'm wanting to do a planted tank and have the gravel, but wanting to get something like Eco-Complete or Flourite to put underneath it.
    I've been to a couple of LFS around town, and the prices seem to swing pretty wildly, and was curious if anyone knows who has the best price on Eco-Complete since I'm leaning that direction.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Re: Substrate sources in town?

tropical fish on 249 gave me the best price on eco-complete compared to online or local.

call them though cause i dont think they regularly carry it, if not you can go to village they carry some substrate too. city pets carries ADA substrates.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I was at Village yesterday and their's was 22.99.
      58G Malawis
      10G planted

Comment

you can get a 50 lb back of soilmaster select for $15 bucks. Start with a layer of peat and mix in a little flourite and your golden.

Lesco.com

soilmaster select charcoal    or red.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
        n

Comment

Ditto gt3 - My plants are doing great in my Soilmaster Select.

Ellen

Comment

I've got a neighbor whos a manager at the lesco in the woodlands and he had them fedex a 50 lb bag to his store which he then brought over! all for 17 bucks!  can't be beat.  if you go to the one in the woodlands tell Curtis I sent ya
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
            n

Comment

$20 for eco complete at city pets for the 20# bag If I remember correctly.

$26 for the 9L (20#) bag of ADA aquasoil, not much more but a hell of alot better than EC since it's dry and not wet like EC so you get more for the weight.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the input :)

Comment

Welcome! Let us know what you decide, and we'd love to see pictures!  :)
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

always happy to see more people with planted aquariums. even my tang tank has plants.
                    Never fear I is here
                    David Abeles
                    Vice President
                    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Working...
                    X