python quick connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• python quick connect

I got this http://www.doityourself.com/invt/u581415 because I had read it would be easier when using my python.   Now here's the dumb part.  I don't know how to hook it up to my faucet.  Does anyone else use a quick connect with their python?

Karen
    Karen

Re: python quick connect

Your faucet may have a strainer that you have to unscrew counter clockwise and remove then the male threaded part on the right should just screw into the faucet. The piece on the left just pushes into the other piece that is screwed into the faucet. Of coarse your python should screw into the piece on the left. To disconnect turn off the water and push the light green part towards the faucet. The python and the piece on the left can be pulled loose at this time.

max

Comment

from the looks of it you still need the brass/plastic double male adapter that usually comes with the python

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
        from the looks of it you still need the brass/plastic double male adapter that usually comes with the python

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2004+113164
        I have that piece. Just wasn't sure exactly what I was doing  :?

Thanks for the advice!

Karen
        Karen

Comment

You unscrew the aerator off the end of your faucet then screw on the "brass/plastic double male adapter that usually comes with the python ", the the hose attachment.

Comment

That was the quick and easy answer!  I was hoping to get away with not having to unscrew that stupid thing every time.

Karen
            Karen

Comment

sorry :(

Comment

I still think the quick connector comes apart without unscrewing anything. Part of it stays on the faucet all of the time and the other part comes off with the hose and python. The light green part of one piece has to be moved in the direction of the arrow to disconnect.

max

Comment

It does (I've got one sitting right here since my sink isn't deep enough... :( ) but then you have a sink without an aerator on it... If you're ok with having the funky brass end on your sink, then the quick connect would be perfect. That and if your sink is deep enough!

Ellen

Comment

Ellen,

I think the way I explain how to take it apart needs some help. I would just do it but to tell someone how? Obviously, the other points you make are correct.

max

Comment

Oh! I see what you mean. I guess I was being dense...  

I don't know how to explain it, but I took some pictures. Maybe they'll help.

In the third picture, you can see that there is a ring in the middle of the quick connect that has arrows stamped into it. If this were on the faucet, the arrows would be pointing down.

In the second picture, I am pulling the ring with the arrows. You can see the top of one of the three ball bearings underneath the ring I am pulling down on.

In the first picture, you can see the two different pieces of the quick connect assembly. The piece that would be attached to the faucet is on the left, the piece that would be attached to the python is on the right.

HTH,
                      Ellen

Comment

If you leave the quick connect part on the faucet then you get a jet stream not the nice flow that the earator provides. If it is a sink that is dedicated to this or is not used much then it should be fine, mine is on my kitchen sink so i have to change it back and forth all the time.

Comment

All that really kinda defeats the benefit of having it at all. Maybe we have beat the subject to death now. I may be the dense one. I am not sure I understood the question. Thanks Ellen.

max

Comment

I agree, there's no point in getting the quick connector if you're not going to leave it on full time, or at least most of the time. I was going to use mine in the guest bathroom and only take it off and replace the aerator when we had company over, but for now it just sits on my desk...  

Ellen

Comment

Working...
                            X