No announcement yet.

Satanoperca jurupari-anyone keep these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satanoperca jurupari-anyone keep these?

I saw these at a lfs the other day and my husband would like for us to try and keep them.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  I have looked online and found some info on them but nothing too exciting.
    58G Malawis
    10G planted

Re: Satanoperca jurupari-anyone keep these?

In case you're not familiar with the scientific name, here's a picture.  They are known as eartheaters.  Not sure if that is their common name or just a general term.
    58G Malawis
    10G planted

Comment

PAPERGUY has a showroom tank, and this fish is listed as an inhabitant. Maybe he can tell you a bit about his experience with them? I haven't really had any, so I don't know too much either.  :)
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

They are really awesome i had several "eartheaters", my current being a Gymnogeophagus balzanii and a Satanoperca Daemon. The one you are looking at are also called demon fish, but their personalities are very peaceful and they get along fine with anything with the same temperment - no aggressives. They get around 10-12" and are amazing when they sift the gravel, or better sand. Plus their shimmering and nature make them elegant fish. the jurupari are an easier fish to have than a deamon though, better adaptability to water. get one - irecommend one to anyone with room.
        Plecos:
        L083 (Gibby)
        L104 (Clown)
        L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
        L155 (A. Hystrix)
        L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
        LDA72 (BN)
        LDA76 (False Zebra)
        Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
        Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

Thanks, what great help you've been.  I agree, they are beautiful fish.  T
          58G Malawis
          10G planted

Comment

Working...
          X