Breeding Tetra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding Tetra

Has any one ever attempted to breed tetra?
    I've read this article and would like to give it a try once I get my tank up and running.
    breeding tetra

Re: Breeding Tetra

I think you'll have to use a seperate tank. If i remember right tetras spawn in the dark because their eggs are photosensitive. They also scatter their eggs so you dont want any substrate.

Comment

Never actually bred tetras before, but that's a pretty good article, very to-the-point.  :)  What tetras are you thinking of breeding?
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

well I'm still trying to get rid of my bass, so I don't own any tetras yet. But I am thinking of buying some that are on the list to see if I can breed them. Wonder if tetra would have any trade in vaule at the LFS?

By the way I have a 55g, I think its a bit taller than a 55, I've been told by a friend its a 63g, I should look this up, any how back to my question, how many tetra would be to many for this tank?
        Thanks
        Philip

Comment

It really all depends on what kind. If you're going for something like neons, you can have dozens and dozens. Congo tetras, on the other hand, get a bit bigger and you might only be able to have less than 2 dozen... :)
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Thanks
            Right now I'm eyeing the glowlight tetras, from what I've been  reading they may be the eaiser of the tetras to breed. I think these stay small, so I should be able to keep dozens of them :)

Comment

Working...
            X