Black Moor Goldfish, EYE FLUKES!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Moor Goldfish, EYE FLUKES!?

This fish has seemed to have eye problems for a long time. Do you see that little white worm like thing haning out of it's eye? I'm afraid it could be a parasite inhabiting its eye. Not sure. I have tried anti-parasite meds before, didn't do anything. Anyone ever seen this before?

I think I figured out the problem, eye flukes. Anybody ever had this problem?

Re: Black Moor Goldfish, eye problem

looks like anchor worm to me. but i  haven't hear of them ever invading an eye before.

I bought a KOI at petco and it turned out to have anchor worm. The medication didn't pull the achor worms off completely and i had to go in and manually remove the worms with tweezers.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
    n

Comment

I am familiar with anchor worms, I acctually worked at Petco a long time ago. This doesn't seem to be one, as it is not hanging out all of the time. Somes times his eye looks normal (except for the cataract looking thing). Anchor worms don't hang out and then go back into the skin where you can't see them, do they?

Comment

thats odd. i've never heard of that

From a Petsmart employee to a former petco employee. how do you think the fish at both compare
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
        n

Comment

Petsmart is soooo much better than Petco. PETCO SUCKS!

Comment

The Petsmart in The Woodlands sucks.
            They dont have Dwarf Puffers, Otocinclus, they have maybe 3 Angels.
            At least its clean. (The fish are also more expensive than Petco)

Just trying to stir it up!!

Comment

Working...
            X