No announcement yet.

I want to ID some more plecos i bought.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to ID some more plecos i bought.

Heres a picture. I got 4 of them around 1.25".

Maybe theyre too young to tell exactly what they are. I seen some like them in a store, labelled as candy striped plecos?
    I searched the web for candy striped pictures and didnt get any so im thinking its not their real name.

Thanks in advance.

Re: I want to ID some more plecos i bought.

Did you get it at PetCo? I got my Clown Pleco mislabeled as a Candy Stripe (no d!) Pleco from there.

I love mine!

Ellen

Comment

Yes i got them at Petco. When i asked the lady there what they were she told me they were Cory cats, i didnt argue and bought 4 of them. I think its Petcos own fault for having someone who doesnt know what theyre doing selling fish. Anyway i rescued them from overcrowded and dirty tanks.(Actually the Petco in Spring is the cleanest ive been in 5*'s for cleanliness) So im NOT ashamed i didnt point out her error, they'll have a better life with me.

BTW: They were labelled as candy striped in the Petco in Humble, the Petco in Spring didnt have any signs for the plecos at all.

Comment

I got mine almost a year ago, but they seem to have them all the time.

Mine was labeled as a candy stripe, but looking on the internet, I've decided to call him a clown instead. I have a thread on here about it. :)

Mine is a slow grower. He's definately bigger than when I bought him, but still pretty small. He cracks me up with his personality though. He 'protects' his food from the angelfish in the tank, even though he is so much smaller than they are! He doesn't mess with my plants, but does clean them off. I haven't seen one rasped hole in a leaf yet. Mine is also very bold, out swimming around all the time. He will hide if strange people are around, but the light does not faze him.

Ellen

Comment

i find it amazing how often people find mislabeled or just plain wrong titles at petco. it seems it is just a reason for expereinced people to go in so we can get a steal    maybe i should drop by a death trap and see what they have.
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Ive had a really good look at them and the pictures online, and im convinced that at least two of them are Goldband Peckoltias L134. They look exactly the same(the other two are hiding so i can only confirm 2) The Goldband Plecos sell for $38 on the dr foster and smith site. I reckon i had a good deal.

Comment

i think they are far from L134 maybe L015, more like a L02 from the stripes on its head. let it settle in your tank and then take pictures of it, im sure its pretty stressed being held in your hand and through transport. it will also be a lot clearer when it gets older.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I agree the photo doesnt look the same anymore. I'll try to take some pictures this weekend.

Comment

I think its Panaque maccus. You can check out Planetcatfish.com. Its an awesome site if you love these whiskered beauties.
                  Checkout my blog AquaMusing
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X