Need help. My bottom glass has a small crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help. My bottom glass has a small crack

My 29 gallon has a small crack on the bottom glass starting from one coner.  The crack is about 1/4-1/2 in long.  What can I do to fix this and how

Re: Need help. My bottom glass has a small crack

buy a new 29gallon.

not that expensive compared to replacing the bottom glass especially on a small tank.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I would empty the tank, wash and dry it, clean the cracked area really well with steel wool and then again with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel. No soap! Then I would try to seal it with a bead silicone rubber tapered by hand on both sides. I usually use the tubes of type I from Lowes or Home Depot but you could use the aquarium silicone sealer from Wall Mart because it is a small crack. The crack may grow later and cause problems. How expensive is your carpet? The tank would probably be fine in a garage or a fish house.

max

Comment

the tank is in the garage.  I was thinking about placing plexi glass on top of the old one and sealing with silicone

Comment

In the garage, I'd say go for it! Maybe seal it like Max suggested and then do your plan. I would think that would be double-ly fixed. Then again, I wouldn't keep anything in there that I couldn't stand to lose, just in case!

On a much funnier note, I missed the word "glass" when I first read the title!  

Ellen

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen";p="

On a much funnier note, I missed the word "glass" when I first read the title!  

Ellen

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

:badsmiley:
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

that was good ellen

Comment

Working...
                X