Anyone use a UV sterilizer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a UV sterilizer?

I've been reading up on UV sterilizers.  Many claim they are unecessary and others swear by them.  Anyone here have experience with them?

Re: Anyone use a UV sterilizer?

i think they are good for tanks with excessive floating bacteria but then again if your fish is in good health their immune system should take care of it right?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i'm using a 13 w (suprise) JEBO uv filter in my plant tank. killed off the green water algae in no time. keeps all kinds of parasites bacterias and viruses away

The Petsmart has 12 55 watt UV filters on its system.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
      n

Comment

I use one on a 100 BETTA baracks drip system.  Not that I need it, just as a precaution from spreading anything to the other fish that share the filter system.  I hate the thought of some bug coming in from the city water supply and wiping out my breeding stock.

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

holy crap PP thats your site???

i remember finding that one day awhile back!!! nice setup!!!
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
          X