CO2 Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Question?

I'm running a CO2 (natural plant system) in my 26 gallon.Do i need to turn it off at night or let it work for 24 hours?Thanks.Eugene

Re: CO2 Question?

Follow up question:Which is better for a planted aquarium,10000k or 6500k?Thanks.

Comment

if its pressurized you could turn it off at night with the lights but fermentation co2 i would just let it run cause there's no real way of turning it off without building up pressure.

personally i like the looks and growth i get from 6700k so 6500k would be close.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks.I didn't realize that it also comes with 6700k.I'll be changing my lights pretty soon,i'll try 6700k.

Comment

Green plants wont use carbon dioxide unless there is light present, when the lights go out they need only oxygen. So running CO2 during the night is a bit of a waste. Its probably best to turn it on and off the same time as the lights.

Comment

I'll second ek...with the natural plant system, there's really no way to shut it off at night unless you take out the bubble ladder, and since the amount of CO2 it actually produces isn't huge, I think you'd be fine leaving it as is. And just to give more opinions, I like a combination of 6700 and 10,000K. Sunpaq, for example, makes dual daylight lamps that have quickly become my favorite.  
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

if there is a overdose of co2 at night you could put an air pump to help degas the tank at night.

coralife makes a really nice digital timer strip that has dual functions...has a set of plugs that is powered when the lights go out.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
              X