I LOVE my new Python

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOVE my new Python

I finally took the plunge and bought a Python cleaning system, and WOW what a difference it makes! It was so much easier to vacuum and fill that I was amazed. I do think I lost my smallest shrimp on the trial run - it happened so fast and he was small, but then again he could be in there hiding.

I highly recommend this to anyone with a tank larger than 20 galllons!  

Re: I LOVE my new Python

Welcome to the Python love circle!  :wink: I really don't know what I'd do without mine!! Lugging buckets was such a pain, and I always managed to slosh a little water onto the carpet...

Ellen

Comment

i have three python's!!

extra long for the big tanks and works good for sand too
      std
      and small for the little tanks
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have only had the python for a couple weeks and I've already used it twice! It is so cool! Of course I do have a case of Ich so it's a good thing I got this sucker figured out!

Comment

They are a cool piece of kit aren't they? I can't imagine changing water on my 150 without it! I do my shrimp tank by hand into a bucket to watch out for babies!
          Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

I heart mine as well :love:  super quick and easy!!

Comment

Buy a $1 net from walmart and elastic band it to the end of the python. It wont suck out leaves anymore, but it wont hurt baby fish either.

Comment

*I meant the net mesh, not the whole thing.

Comment

Wow, I never thought of that! I'm constantly having to stop what I'm doing, pull my gravel vac out of the water, and dislodge snails from the tube. Great idea, thanks!  :)
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

okay...i see the nice things about this wonderful invention....but my question is....when refilling the tank do you do it from the source?....what about if your water has alot of chemicals in it that you should amquel it ???...please explain this to a newbie.....

thanks
                    fishlady

Comment

I test my tap water to make sure the water params aren't horrendous and if it isn't I just add my chemicals right before addint water back in with the python.

The best bet to keep from having die-offs is to "fix" the water before putting in your tank with a holding tank of some sort.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Pythons are a great help. I still make a mess, but not such a BIG mess.
                        MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X