I could use some info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use some info

on how to set up an Eheim 2215, I've never used one before and wouldn't know where to begin.

Re: I could use some info

You mean assembly? I think I have a users manual at home -- I will try to scan some images from it tonight if that would help you out?
    Bacteria: the only culture some people have

Comment

yes assembly wise, thank you

Comment

You can also go to Eheim's International site and download manuals.  I'll try to put the link but if it doesn't work go to Eheim.com and select their International site.

Manual Downloads
        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

looks simple enough, anyone ever use one with an RFUG?

Comment

refugium?
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'm having the same problem, with a 2213. Got it from someone on here. (Thanks again, by the way!!   ) But I can't quite figure it out, because with it came some contraptions that aren't pictured anywhere, at least that I can see, in the manual (which I did download from the eheim site).

Is there a checklist or something that's easy to follow? I'm usually excellent at reading instructions, but these are incredibly confusing to me. And I'm new to canisters, so I don't have any background/firsthand knowledge to get me started. Or maybe, does anyone have a clear picture of one that's set up? So I know, for example, if the hoses should be connected with something special, or maybe so I could figure out what some of the parts actually do. The pictures in the manual aren't clear, IMO.

Thanks!  :)
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                refugium?
                reverse flow under-gravel filter

Comment

Try to contact Eheim with your question.  I actually got a good response (and replacement parts for free) when I contacted their customer service about a leaking, almost new quick release/connect.  I contacted the Canada site if I remember correctly.

Comment

post a pic mzungu, i have two 2213's so i can compare it for you.

ROB281 i think it should work if you get it all connected
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Or maybe what you're looking at will show up in their parts list?
                      Parts

Comment

Hmm, well, I took a quick look at some of the parts list (thanks szidlon, didn't know about that part of the site!) but I didn't see anything resembling what I've got. Then again, I might not have looked in the right place. If I still can't figure it out (been offered some phone help  :) ), I'll take some pictures, good suggestion, ek.  :)
                        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

For RFUG with a canister you simply route the return line into the intake for the UGF. That causes the reverse flow up through the gravel and eventually into the intake line for the canister. Depending on the stand pipe diamater you may need to either purchase or manufacture a fitting for a snug fit.
                          Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Working...
                          X