Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So anyways I got this tank see...

it's a 20 Long,

and well... I don't know what to do with it.

I was thinking about making it a brackish tank... but now I'm thinking not... was thinking 'ooh mini planted tank' but now I'm thinking not, now I'm thinking small reef tank, but now I'm thinking not.. I really really truly honestly don't know what to do with it..

What are some unique ideas.. something fairly low maintenance (I spend enough time on my other tanks) but nice to look at.
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
    Co-President of CAK

Re: So anyways I got this tank see...

20 long huh....

shelldwellers, shrimp factory/lightly planted(think this would be killer if you go with the moss wall), dwarf cichlids/apistos, dwarf puffer or shelldwellers.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

You could just hand it over to Scott.  He was looking for six more last I heard....LOL

Raul
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

Put it in a window ledge with some val and some livebearors

you'll have live food forever.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

i dont think his glo-fish are big enough to eat livebearer fry yet

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

If you decide to get rid of it, I could use it for my baby crays.  They don't need a tall tank.  Is this the one that was on top of your TV when I was there?
            The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
            Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Hmm...I'd go with some kind of biotope! Why not brackish, may I ask? I've always wanted to do a brackish setup, but new tanks in my house are in no time filled with extra plants.  

What about small natives? I've got a native tank, and it's incredibly fun and cheap. Everything in there, minus the substrate, I found (collected) either in Florida or Houston. Well, mostly. For the two darters I have, find = saw them in a feeder tank in a LFS and they were given to me. But they're still native!
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

i saw those little darters in you gallery mzungu, those look pretty cool.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks! They're my favorites... :shhh: I think I'll try to take some more pictures of them this weekend. So far, they've been with me for about a year and a half...everything I've read about them says to expect a year, little more, out of them.  :(  They used to spawn all the time, but I never had the room to isolate them, so the eggs were eaten by the other fish. They've got tons of character!

ANYWAYS, not changing the subject, Ramius, just expanding on my vote for natives!  

Comment

Ignore these people, watch the swirling wheel, you don't need a 20l, you have no use for a 20l, you can't stand the thought of keeping a 20l. Now that we have that established, load that puppy up and drop it on my porch.
                    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

I like the native fish idea, San Antonio biotope from the Edwards Aquafer is something I wanted to do with the Satan blind Catfish and maybe   Devilhead minnows and an Armadillo del rio(but that tank is kinda small for them), and have a hellish good time with an acve on one side then forming into a spring... but that's just an idea.

I am looking for colorful darters where can i find some???
                      Plecos:
                      L083 (Gibby)
                      L104 (Clown)
                      L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
                      L155 (A. Hystrix)
                      L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
                      LDA72 (BN)
                      LDA76 (False Zebra)
                      Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
                      Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

Also if can find a copy of TFH from i thin oct. or sept it has some local brackish fish from Htown...
                        Plecos:
                        L083 (Gibby)
                        L104 (Clown)
                        L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
                        L155 (A. Hystrix)
                        L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
                        LDA72 (BN)
                        LDA76 (False Zebra)
                        Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
                        Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

When you say colorful darters, are you talking about collecting them or ordering them? If ordering, I know Jonah's Aquarium always has some good native fish (www.jonahsaquarium.com). As for collecting, I'm pretty sure the orange throat darter is native to Texas...a really colorful darter. Not sure of the exact whereabouts, though.

Comment

Here's a good checklist from NANFA:

Comment

Ramius - did you decide what you're going to do?

Comment

Working...
                              X