Pink Granite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Granite

Has anyone ever used pink granite to decorate his/her fish tank?  I just changed rock decorations w/ pink granite and after a month my fish are acting funny.  Thought maybe the pink granite had something to do with the way they are acting.  Water conditions are fine and the whole situation has me puzzled.  Any suggestions?
    Here fishy fishy!

Re: Pink Granite

was it polished?, if so it (the polish) could be leaching out into the water

Comment

The granite would have no effect on water quality. The minerals that form granite are only slightly soluble and harmless to fish. What was the source of the granite? It is possible that chemicals used to clean, pollish, or cut the granite could be seeping out of the rock and affecting the fish. Also, what do you mean by acting "funny?" What type of fish? What were the decorations that were removed?
      Bacteria: the only culture some people have

Comment

I'm with clw - what's funny? Also, has anything else changed, or is it just the granite (water change schedule, fish additions, etc.)?
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Funny? What do you mean funny? Funny like a clown?

Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
          Co-President of CAK

Comment

The fish were acting sluggish, just generally as if they were not feeling well.  You know what I mean.  Anyway, after removing the granite and putting holey rock back in, almost everyone seems to be doing better.  (I lost a petrochromis)   I also made partial water changes just to be safe.  Thanks for the input clw and mzungu.
            Here fishy fishy!

Comment

Working...
            X