Mosquitos in my filter housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosquitos in my filter housing

i was just cleaning the filter on my 50g, and about 10 mosquitos came out.

I took the filter completely apart and theres several dead mosquitos(or maybe shedded bodies?) inside.
    I checked all my other filters and there arent any other mosquitos.
    How do i stop them from laying eggs in the filters? Will mosquito tablets harm my fish? I assume they would so unless someones used them with no problems, i wont use them.

thanks
    chris

Re: Mosquitos in my filter housing

chop up old panty hose and stuff them in the filter

or you can collect them for free food  
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

well i fed the ones that i caught to the fish, but some of them got away, and now im gonna get eaten when i go to sleep.
      I dont wear pantyhose, but im sure my wife has some i could use.

chris

Comment

And just think how much fun you'll have convincing her to give them up for the cause.....
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

she wont know, i'll do it when shes sleeping

Comment

Is this in you hob? I thought they only stay were there's stagnant water.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

You need to build a fish house seperate from the house so you don't have to feed your fish food. <just kidding - sheepish grin>

max

Comment

Yeah, they were in my HOB. The water didnt smell dirty, and it hadnt been more than a month since i changed the filter and washed the biopad.

I also thought they wouldnt lay eggs in the fish tanks, i figured if they did the fish would eat them, so it never concerned me.

chris

Comment

Working...
                X