Mouth fungus -- Columnaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouth fungus -- Columnaris

I recently bought 4 turquoise rainbows and initially they seemed in perfect health. I was a bit concearned, however, due to where I bought them from and have been keeping a close eye on them. Well, I've had them for a week now and sure enough, they have started showing symptoms of mouth fungus. I have never had to deal with this particular ailment before and was wondering what products or techniques have worked best for others?
    Bacteria: the only culture some people have

Re: Mouth fungus -- Columnaris

the jungle fungus treatment is pretty good. make sure you do the water changes too.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I've fixed fungus on livebearers with MelaFix and PimaFix combined. It really cleared it up fast. Are they in quarantine?

Ellen

Comment

Is it mouth fungus or columnaris?
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

My understanding of the disease is that "mouth fungus" is actually columnaris bacteria innapropriatly termed a fungus due to it's fuzzy fungus like appearance. For that reason, I am leaning more toward using an antibiotic than a fungus cure. Has anyone ever combined the two treatments?
          Bacteria: the only culture some people have

Comment

Okay, gotcha. I have never combined any of the treatments, but I would think it'd be best to treat with just an antibiotic, since it's a bacterial infection. No need to treat for fungus, right?
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
            X