home built solenoid regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home built solenoid regulator

Okay just got two tanks and a regulator from Cache's fire sale ... but I have two planted aquariums ... so I decided to make my own regulator/solenoid using a Co2 regulator I got on Ebay (25 bucks ... a steal) and parts from Clippard.com  ... dudes ... for a little more than 40 bucks plus the cost of the regulator I built pretty much the same thing rexgrigg.com was selling ... but his was like 120 bucks! So ... here are the parts from Clippard that you need

Solenoid                :  MME-2PDS-D110 $19.70  (this one comes with and LED that turns on when the valve is open)
    In line check valve :  MJCV-1AA $5.41
    Needle Valve         :   MNV-1KP $5.80
    Barb                     :   CT4-PKG $2.56 (for a pack of 5)
    1/4 to 1/8 adapter :  $1.70  I bought this from Homedepot
    three prong power cord :$5.40 also from home depot

total is 40.57 bucks, couple that with a 35 dollar regulator and you've paid 75 bucks for something Rex is charging 120 for.  Sure, you don't get the bubble counter ... but then I don't think you really need one ... just watch the boubles in your reactor.

Anyway, hope this helps .. I'll also be more than happy to build this for anyone at no cost ... it was a lot of fun acutally... real man stuff.

Logan5
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Re: home built solenoid regulator

is the regulator the same quality as the one rexgriggs sells?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well ... that I don't know seeing as how I don't have one of his regulators, but the solenoid he uses and the fittings he uses are all from clippard, which are the ones I used.

Difference is probably in the fact that he's more experienence than I or you would be in putting these things together ... but then it's not real rocket science.  As long as you use care and common sense you should be able to build a solid regulator

logan5
      There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

His website states that he uses top quality regulators and not cheap china made ones. I found a good regulator from a brewing comp but it would have came out almost as much as rex's.

I'm sure I could put one of those together pretty easy as I use to set up nitrous with purge solenoids and gauges. I might try my hand one one of them to finally upgrade my little tank to pressurized!
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I got a pretty good deal on a cornelius regulator w/dual gauges... 25 bucks ... new with tags still on.  Looked pretty solid to me.

If you can find a good deal on a regulator, then fixing it up is cheap and easy.

Logan5

Comment

Pentair is dedicated to excellence in all aspects of our business. Whether you need system design, technical service or unrivaled equipment-you can count on us.

55 bucks with solonoid and needle valve. thought I would share
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
            n

Comment

Originally posted by gt3guru";p="
              http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/11380

55 bucks with solonoid and needle valve. thought I would share

thats a pretty nice deal for the azoo setup.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

already ordered one! christmas comes earlier every year
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                n

Comment

im might end up with one from rexgriggs

im gonna go check out some fire extinguisher places tomorrow and look for a tank
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

kool. lemme know what you find.
                    n

Comment

i saw some at village today

89 2.5lb filled
                      99 5lb filled
                      and i think 107 10lb filled
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I was hoping to save a few pounds. my tank handles poorly so i'm thinking of adding a carbon bottle

2 pounds will make a big differenceView Here
                        n

Comment

i actually have 2 10lb. nitrous bottles laying around but i have been told i would need to replace some stuff to make it work
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i bet the valves on the bottles are different, and we'd never find the right adapters.
                            n

Comment

found this site for new tanks, reactors and such

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X