then and now...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• then and now...........

just wanted to show some then and now comparison pictures of  my planted tank through all the trial and error and then the learning process.

then.......Jul 27

now.......Nov 15

i just noticed that it even shows the threadfin rainbows that i originally had in there as well, two have gone to a better place though one being an unknown death(possibly choking to death) and the other lost its life in a fight with the python.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: then and now...........

8O Wow, what a difference! It looks great!!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I like it too! Did you change the lighting or is that just the reflection off of the plants?

max

Comment

thanks for the comments

the lighting on the first pic was 3-18w powerglo's to one 96w 6700k coralife pc.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

got a two new plants today

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

have you had any problems with the black hair algae of death?
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
            n

Comment

Actually its very bright green and only a faint amount. Not even enough to form a marble sized hairball.

I'm pushing close to 30ppm of co2 and my photo period is 7-8hrs a day
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yea, i really need CO2, i'm going to order my regulator this week.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                n

Comment

me too, im using diy right now and need to upgrade to pressurized.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Pentair is dedicated to excellence in all aspects of our business. Whether you need system design, technical service or unrivaled equipment-you can count on us.

found these just a min ago. i'm guessing it isn't worth 5 bucks a piece to do a group order.

55 bucks is a pretty good deal with solonoid and needle valve.

Now i just need to find the bottle for as good a deal
                    n

Comment

:drool: Ooh...Madagascar Lace? And is that windelov? I've yet to try either. I'd love to have a huge tank with a madagascar lace and little else. Did you get those at Village, as well?
                      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

yep, got them at village.

i stuffing plants into the tank so when i decide its too much it would warrant a bigger tank plus it will fill in the bigger tank better
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Your plants are gorgeous. I wish I could get mine to look better. I think I need different bulbs or something. Also I think my clown and zebra loaches have been attacking the ludwigia, and the anacharis! I had java moss, but the common plecos must have gotten into that. Left town - moss was there, came back moss was gone! But the Vals are growing like crazy!  

Comment

well daisymac i have some vals and im having a really hard time getting them to grow.

i got them from tim which i think he got from tiapan and they were nice and tall but now they are really short and dont grow.

:?
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

That's funny! I got mine from Mungzu and they were really short and not much, but now they are very tall and spreading across the back of the tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X