what supports your hobby/hobbies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what supports your hobby/hobbies?

was just wondering what everyone did for a living to support their hobby.

i'll start..... im an auto mechanic working at carmax been doing it since i was a yougin which is about 8-9yrs now and getting paid  to do it for about 6yrs now.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: what supports your hobby/hobbies?

Who you mean?  :wink: My wonderful fiance!  

I'm still in school...I plan on getting a job in January and finishing my language courses (that's all I'll need after this semester! YAY!!) online. I'm so tired of being a drain!! I wish college was the breeze that highschool was!!

Ellen

Comment

that's how my fiance is too :(

but good thing her hobby is limited to purse collecting/buying but its all good cause she got accepted into pharmacy school this year and soon my hobbies will have a limited that surpasses now!!!      :dance:  :dance:
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Let's see ... I can catagorize my hobbies as being Pre-Child and Post-Child

Pre-Child:
        RC Model cars (elect and gas)
        RC Airplanes
        RC Sail Boats
        N scale trains
        X-Box/Playstation
        Astronomy

Post-Child:
        Fish keeping
        Guitar

My wife is a big fan of the aquariums and guitars.  She's a real doll and very supportive.  My collection of guitars has leveled out at 5 right now.  We have three tanks and hopefully another one in the future.

Logan5
        There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

I have been at Petsmart for a few months. had an interview at Woodforest this morning that went well. I'm not making much but I have some old money that will get me by till I get the job that buys me a 300+ gallon tank someday.

PS. any bankers in the audience?
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
          n

Comment

Oh man !!

R/C cars..... I went overboard on that when I was into it! Carbon fiber everything and only the best satisfied me! I think back and I could have bought a very nice car instead of spending all that money back then!
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'm an actuary that primarily works on defined benefit retirement plans.

see www.beanactuary.org for more info

Comment

I couldn/t drive the R/c car I biuilt...so I do slot cars. nice ones that actually look like real cars. Linky in sig, and also this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpXh4dBv6rY

Other hobbies? My Vette, cooking, genealogy, and my two boys (4 1/2 and 18mos).

I am a project manager for a company that does Payroll and Benefits processing, and I run my slot car shop with my mates on Friday nights and weekends.
                Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

My lil 1/18 scale 4wd screamer.
                  carbon everything  
                  MAMBA brushless motor (8000k/v) would do 50-60mph if I had enough really flat road. and a radio that had the range. (my old radios are dead, so if either of you have some cheap lemme know!)
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                  n

Comment

Ever seen an RC car drift. looks like a blast. I can burn up the tires on my lil car on pavement. just can't control it
                    n

Comment

My uncle bought the old racetrack off I10 and called it reflex, we did lots of races and lots at car shows that catered to the import scene.

I have a radio but it cost me around $600 so its not going anywhere. I got out the scene when novak starting making the brushless motors so I yet to play with those.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

double tap.

that drifting r/c thing is pretty cool!!! when we raced indoors it was a smooth asphalt track with pvc rails and the winner was actually the one who cut the corners with the best lines. we also used lots of tire juice to get better traction and bulk ordered the good sticky tires from japan, hell i even had a set of tire warmers to keep the tires warm inbetween races.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Too funny, didn't realise you were into slots Russ. At one point I was debating on what to do with my garage, it came down to a choice between my HO trains, building a 1/32 4 lane slot track, or my tanks, we all know which one won out. It was a tough call, I have been into slots since my grandpa had a 24th in the guest house when I was a kid, and of course with the computer control that trains have now, very tough choice.
                          Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Originally posted by SCOTT";p="
                            Too funny, didn't realise you were into slots Russ. At one point I was debating on what to do with my garage, it came down to a choice between my HO trains, building a 1/32 4 lane slot track, or my tanks, we all know which one won out. It was a tough call, I have been into slots since my grandpa had a 24th in the guest house when I was a kid, and of course with the computer control that trains have now, very tough choice.
                            "Into it" is an understatement! Some guys race, some guys collect, some guys build their own cars - me; I do all three.

My home track went when the kids came along. Game room became play room. Only a couple of hundred of my 1000 or so cars are on display. Almost all of mine are 1/32 true to scale cars. So thta's when the club and shop came into being. Every Friday night I go there to play with my buddies! Kids of all ages from 12 to 65 are racing there. Its a blast. You should drop by sometime to play. We don't charge track time. There's an entry fee ($5) for club racing, but you can play on any open track any time we are open.

Sounds like cheap entertainment? If you like cars STAY AWAY! This will make you poor!
                            Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

I am an Industrial I/E Planner. Man that sounds fancy don't it. LOL
                              Smokin_Cache
                              Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
                              Lets see what the imagination fruits.
                              Check out my last tank

Comment

Working...
                              X