Question about pythons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about pythons

Obviously when I do a water change I either add a water purifier or I let it sit for at least 24 hours.  If you use a python how do you keep from putting chlorine into your tank?
    Karen

Re: Question about pythons

I turn the python so its putting water back into the tank and then put the AmQuel in as it is filling. I haven't had any problems doing it this way.

Ellen

Comment

I add enough decholorinator to treat the water being replaced before I begin adding the fresh water.
      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I add amquel/novaaqua before refilling.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I also add dechlorinator before adding fresh water. I also make sure that I point the Python AWAY from any filter intakes. A couple of years ago I learned the hard way how easy it is to wreck the cycle of a seasoned aquarium.
          TO BE, OR NOT TO BE ... was never a question!

Comment

I use a 55g drum to age & test the water

then I use a 1/4 hp submersable pump with a hose adapter to transfer the water from tank to drain and from drum into the tank.
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
            X