I got some new fiiiiish I got some new fiiiiiiish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got some new fiiiiish I got some new fiiiiiiish

Ok, I didn't get to pick them up today because I was running errands elsewhere but I got the call that my A&M glo-fish have arrived, I got a school of nine, three yeller, three orange and three green. Supposidly they are all very brilliant in color, woot!

I'll be sure to post pictures.

I also ordered a school of giant neon tetras, so sweet. Now I can focus on planting that tank. =)
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
    Co-President of CAK

Re: I got some new fiiiiish I got some new fiiiiiiish

Ohyeah, concerning the green tiger barbs and fin nipping, I've kept a really really close eye on them and my long-fin-fish tails.. and truth is (so far) I haven't noticed any fin nipping activity. They might be too small for this to be an issue yet, we'll see, but so far, they haven't bothered anyone else yet. =)

David Seratt
    Co-President of CAK

Comment

Ok heres the picture of the little buggers in the acclimation pod.

This isn't all of them, as there are a couple pods, but this is some.

In total there were 21 fish added, 9 of them are the a & m types, 3 orange 3 green and 3 yellow, the rest was  small school of neons.

I picked them up on the way home from the track, stuck them in my 5 gallon acclimation chambr with a steady drip of water coming from the main tank.

I took a nap for 3 hours, after I woke up I scooped the buggers into the smaller cups floating int he water for a couple minutes to acclimate them to the temperature... then stuck them in the tank, I didn't get to watch for very long because I was running late for work so hopefully... they will be ok in the morning when I get home =)

David Seratt
      Co-President of CAK

Comment

ohyeah, I meant orange green and pink not orange green and yellow

David Seratt
        Co-President of CAK

Comment

what stinks is i'm told those am fish are livebearers and if I had them in the proper environment they would breed and make true new babies (that have the exact same coloring)

That would be great, but I think in the community tank the eggs would get eaten, I have a 5 gallon tank that would be perfect but I had 0 time to set it up properly and now that they are in the big community tank I don't know if I could ever get them out, doh!

David Seratt
          Co-President of CAK

Comment

what eggs? you just said they were livebearers. :doh:

i had 50+ guppies in a 10 gallon, and id still have babies that survived being chased. And talk about water changes.

Comment

These are actually Danios, and yes they are egg layers.
              Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

By the way snoot, Debbie says she want's some of your guppys, lord knows why, hehe.
                Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

i didnt know if they were livebearers or egg layers, i was just pointing out a conflictment in the statement.

i'm told those am fish are livebearers........but I think in the community tank the eggs would get eaten,

Comment

snoot?

Is that referring to me? i dont want to assume its me but if it is she can have some. I have about 20 young females, 3/4 - 1 inch. I can give her a couple of my adult males and i'll hopefully have some more males out of the frys in my tank.

For the last 4-5 batchs of fry, ive only had females. Any ideas why?

FYI: I think my guppies are very pretty.... :chatterbox:

Comment

Originally posted by Brownsnoutuk";p="
                      i didnt know if they were livebearers or egg layers, i was just pointing out a conflictment in the statement.

i'm told those am fish are livebearers........but I think in the community tank the eggs would get eaten,

heh, thats 100% my fault. I was running on 3 hours sleep from friday afternoon until sunday morning.. by the time I posted that I was pretty ditsy, went home sunday morning, and slept from 9am until 9:30 pm.. woke up feeling refreshed with a new lease on life and able to think straight once again =)

David Seratt
                      Co-President of CAK

Comment

So, how are new fishies doing
                        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I didn't think the yellow or green glofish were on the market yet?!?! Where did you get them from? Do they have any more?
                          Bacteria: the only culture some people have

Comment

Those fish are doing great, actually, they are one of the best additions to my tank, lots of color, get along well with everyone else and they haven't had any problems whatsoever, I love 'em =)

As far as where I got them, JustFish ordered them for me, and yes, they can get some more if you want them. For the colors, they were red(pink) yellow and orange, the yellow ones looked green in the photo, but they arrived looking like yellow highlighter.

281 324 2542 (just fish)

I need to update some pictures of the tank for Smokin Chache, when I do I'll make sure to get some photo's of these guys to post.

David Seratt
                            Co-President of CAK

Comment

Working...
                            X