Red Devils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Devils?

Hey Raul...... Where are MY red devils?  lol  You should stop back by sometime and check out the tank now.  I do have pictures in the gallery with fish in it!  Yeeeee Hawwwwwwww!!!!!!!   What do you think about a canister filter for my 110 tank?  Any specific recommendations?

xoxoxo
    Jaclin

Re: Red Devils?

Hey Jaclin....It makes me smile seeing the excitement in others who enjoy the Hobby, or should I say "Change in Lifestyle!"  The tank looks awesome....Good Job!

You are welcome to some of my Red Devils, but you should think about it if you went with Africans.  Red Devils are South American and can could co-exist with Africans, but they get larger and meaner as they get older.  My Breeding male is over 12 inches.  

Personally, I think those huge sponge filters should do the job, but a canister definitely would not hurt.  You can expect to spend anywhere between $60-$200+ for a canister.  I use what I call a lower end product, but effective none the less....the brand is Jebo or now called Odessa.  The best or one of the best is Ehiem.  They are very easy to setup and use.  I would solicite other opinions on here and then call around for prices and availability.

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

Originally posted by rrocket2002";p="
      Hey Jaclin....It makes me smile seeing the excitement in others who enjoy the Hobby, or should I say "Change in Lifestyle!"  The tank looks awesome....Good Job!

You are welcome to some of my Red Devils, but you should think about it if you went with Africans.  Red Devils are South American and can could co-exist with Africans, but they get larger and meaner as they get older.  My Breeding male is over 12 inches.  

Personally, I think those huge sponge filters should do the job, but a canister definitely would not hurt.  You can expect to spend anywhere between $60-$200+ for a canister.  I use what I call a lower end product, but effective none the less....the brand is Jebo or now called Odessa.  The best or one of the best is Ehiem.  They are very easy to setup and use.  I would solicite other opinions on here and then call around for prices and availability.

Raul
      Hi Raul.....  :)

We had been considering a Jebo Odessa.  We've been looking at them on Ebay.  We've read some reviews and it looks good.  

Well...... what the heck was I thinking on the Red Devils huh?  lol  Guess I better set up another tank somewhere sometime!  

You are not kidding about the lifestyle change.  I can hardly wait to get up and turn on the lights on all the tanks and feed the little darlings.  I often pull up a chair and sit in front of the big tank and watch the fish.  I'm sure everyone will agree that this is very relaxing.

Nice to hear from you Raul!!!!!!

Hugs,
      Jaclin

Comment

I wouldn't get the odyssea canister filters - they have big problems with the connections

Last time I went to Sunny's, they had about 5 that they were returning due to problems

You can get an Eheim 2215 for like under $100 shipped on ebay.

Comment

I'd also recommend an Eheim.  They have several sizes to accomodate just about any tank size.  You can also check out bigalsonline.com.  They have really great prices on most everthing and the shipping is very reasonable.  I save up the miscellaneous stuff and order once a month or so unless it's a "need it right now" type thing.
          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Working...
          X