Ramius has a delima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramius has a delima

Ramius has recently redone the bottom of his tank, and he is slightly more knowledgeable than he was when he originally set this tank up (it was his first) so now he is reconsdering the fish in said tank.

Ramius really likes the colors of Cichlids, but Ramius has an acidic ph level in his tank that Cichlids do not prefer.

He is wondering if he can call apon the wisdom and experience of houstonfishbox.com to give him suggestions on fish that have distinct coloration (something that really stands out) and won't destroy a planted tank, and likes lower ph's (6.8ish range).

Ohyeah, they have to get along with angelfish too, I have a couple of them in there at the request of my 6 year old and so they have to stay.

Right now the tank is stocked with 3 bala sharks, 1 redtail shark, 2 dragonfish 2 angelfish and 1 plecostimus. I'd really like to find something that would be compatable with them if all possible, because I love the sharks, my wife loves the dragonfish and the kids love the angelfish.
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
    Co-President of CAK

Re: Ramius has a delima

angelfish come in many color varieties including a dark orange almost red. You can have a wide selction with just angels...
    GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Gouramis, Tiger Barbs, Black Ghost......These are fish that I had in a community tank with the fish you've mentioned.  Its you Angels you have to worry about.....with their fins.
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

the tiger barbs will be a problem with your angels, they love to nip fins.

Comment

Cool, maybe you have a CO2 system that is lowering the pH?

max

Comment

How big is the tank, again? I know you've probably said, but I don't remember.

I think the size of the tank would help to determine what fish you could put in there, as well. And also, depending on the size, you might want to watch out for the bala sharks, they can get pretty big.  :)
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Rams, apistos, and if you have a big enough tank - discus. for SA cichlids, and you can put any pleco depending size of tank.

alot of central americans - vieja synspilia, etc. - they problay the most hardy of all cichlids in the world.
              Plecos:
              L083 (Gibby)
              L104 (Clown)
              L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
              L155 (A. Hystrix)
              L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
              LDA72 (BN)
              LDA76 (False Zebra)
              Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
              Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

Originally posted by guppymax
                maybe you have a c02 system that is lowering the ph?
                I do.. for me a planted tank is the number 1 priority, I'm making the water suitable for them to thrive... and then finding fish that will do well in that environment is priority number 2. I do not know that much about the different species of fish though, and beyond that which ones do well in alkaline water and which ones prefer acidic. :(

The tank is 135 gallons, I have a couple pictures but they are old, I've really redone it since then and am going to update the photo's in the next day or two.

I'm hoping the balas get big, they are one of my favorites for some reason, for something that looks so mean they really are big babies =)

Right now the two angelfish I have are marble colored, one is more black than white and the other is more white than black.

I never considered adding different kinds of angels, thats a possibility.

Discus are really awesome too.. I love the way they look, but I'm told they require a lot of care, I don't mind that, but for the cost of the fish I do not know if I'm experienced enough to know how to take care of them properly.

I have two blue gouramis in the 20 gallon tank and they look good, I might be able to go with something like that.. for the other suggestions, I'm going to go look up information on them right now to see how they look, thank you for the suggestions and if anyone can think of anything else please chime in, I love options =)

David Seratt
                Co-President of CAK

Comment

go to the photo gallery and look at my photo album, that will give you and idea of the colors that can be had with angels. there are also other that I have that are not in the gallery. there are double dark blacks, sunsets that can add color to your tank.

Comment

whoah, those look great

David Seratt
                    Co-President of CAK

Comment

with a 135gal plant tank?

big group of angels
                      20-30 Harlequin Rasboras
                      10+panda cory cats
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

apistos again or blue rams many of them in 135 gallon.

forget the vieja - nasty fish for community, unless its aggressive.
                        Plecos:
                        L083 (Gibby)
                        L104 (Clown)
                        L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
                        L155 (A. Hystrix)
                        L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
                        LDA72 (BN)
                        LDA76 (False Zebra)
                        Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
                        Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

Working...