Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you visited Village tropicals website lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you visited Village tropicals website lately?

I was bored and clicked on their site villagetropicalfish.com and it looks like they have been taken over, sold out, whatever. Hmmm . . . anyone know what the deal is?

Re: Have you visited Village tropicals website lately?

Oh, wow! Weird. I just looked it up. Apparently it says they're "closing soon" and will reopen with a new name and a new store...hmm...wonder if there's going to be time between when they close and when the new store opens? Ooh, think they'll have a closeout sale??

I really liked this store, though, I'll be sad to see it go.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I was planning on going there sometime soon to get plants. I would hate to drive all the way out there and find the doors locked.

what is the best place in town to get aquarium plants.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
      n

Comment

I hope the integrity doesn't change. They are nice guys.

Comment

I really liked their store, the only issue I ever had was the parking problem on weekends and having to try to back out onto Shepherd.  Maybe if they do move it'll still be close by but a little easier to get in and out.
          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Well, I called and they aren't going to move until around Christmas/New Years. So if you are in doubt here is their phone number 713-524-0173.

It said they would be at 59 and kirby, so not too far from where they are. And IMO, they have the best plants that I have seen.

Comment

but but, its right by the Freebirds!!

Comment

And Lupe Tortillas! Guess we will lose some weight with this move! Unless we swing by Whole Foods and have some tasty samples before we hit the fish store!

Comment

wait, did Fish Gallery buy them?

I love Fish Gallery!!

Ellen

Comment

LOL daisy!!

Comment

the first time going there i had to park my car down the street and walk, my car(avatar) wouldnt make it up even if it was half the height.

i was planning to go check them out as well to see what new plants they got, guess i have to make sure i go this weekend.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Obed, you're going to have to travel alot further to sell your angel babies!

Ellen

Comment

Not really, the new site is only a mile or so further from my house than the old site. I know they have been wanting to move for a couple of years now. Well I should not say wanting to move, they have been wanting the building owner to lease them more space and they could not come to terms. The building owner has space that has been empty since allison and has not been able to lease it, but he would not come down on the price and Roger felt he could do better somewhere else, it looks like he finally found somewhere with the space at a price he could live with. I have not talked to them lately about this issue, but Roger owned more fish stores out of town and he owned the service that they link ties to the store, so unless someone bought both businesses the ownership has not changed. I will check tomorrow and get the complete story. Who ever said that village had the best plant selection in town was correct IMO, but that is steves doing, not Rogers. The name change is not suprising with the move, Roger inherited the name when he bought the store, it was not his idea, so if he is moving that is a good time to lose the name.
                          GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Okay people - DO NOT PANIC! This isn't going to happen in a week or two. You can go to the website and sign up to get email updates about what's going on. And it isn't much further than what it is now.

Obed will get the scoop and fill us in!

Comment

Isn't that twice as far? When my parents moved last summer, my mom's commute to work changed from one mile to 2.5! That's more than twice as far!  

Ellen

Comment

Working...
                              X