VEry stressed Ruby Barbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEry stressed Ruby Barbs

Just moved 6 Ruby Barbs into a newly cycled tank.  The water chem is perfect and i know it's been cycled ... I expected them to be stressed for a day or so, but it's been almost a week now and they are all still very skitish.  This tank is my only non-planted tank and they originally lived in one that was nice and lush, so maybe that's why.  Do you think some plastic plants would help calm them down?  Right now there is a huge chunk to holey rock, but that's about it, so maybe they just need more places to hide?

Any thoughts would be great.

Logan5

Be cool if we had a resident Fish Whisperer who made house calls.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Re: VEry stressed Ruby Barbs

A Fish Whisperer would be nice sometimes!

I would put my money on the difference in the two environments. They're probably really used to shady, calm waters, and now being out in the open is probably scaring them a bit. Especially if the water tests show everything to be great.

Plastic plants would work. A lot of things would work, actually! As long as they have hiding places...you can pretty much put anything (non-toxic, of course) in there. I'd try the plastic plants, or even put a few floating plants in there if you have any, and they should start feeling more comfortable.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Yeah, they're probably looking for some cover. You don't have to plant them (if you're like me and have to do a water change to get to the bottom of the tank). You can just throw some plastic plants in there so they float. I bet you'll see a big difference if you add some plants.

Ellen

Comment

Ken, we need a Ninja emoticon!!!  
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

LOL!

Comment

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!    :bswithstupid:
            Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Hey now!

Comment

the albino lemon tetras i got for my zebra tank are that way too, been over a week think two now but they run and hide behind the spray bar when i turn the lights on.

they are slowly coming out, i might get some more so the group is bigger. maybe they feel more comfortable in numbers.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                X