What type of Angelfish do i have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of Angelfish do i have?

hi, i have 4 infant angelfish and was wondering what type they are.
    although the photo shows them having silver scales, theyre actually see through and you cant see any silver.
    they are completely colourless(except for their internal organs), i dont know if they gain colour as they get older?>???
    any help would be appreciated.
    regards
    chris

Re: What type of Angelfish do i have?

I am sorry I can not tell from the photos. It is quite common for some varieties of angels to gain or change color somewhat as they mature. It is also common for some golds to be almost see thru as fry and gain color as the mature. They do not appear to have a double dose of stripless as there is no blusing.
    What did they tell you where you bought them?
    Photos with flash tend to affect the color display as well, you might try retaking the photos with and extra light on top of the tank and shoot from an angle so there is not flash glare on the glass or the fish.
    GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

2 are about 2 inches tall and 1 inch long. I was told theyre 3 months old.
      the other 2 are a lot smaller, maybe 1.5 months.
      The parents were seethrough with a gold/yellow crown. They were given to me for free so i didnt mind so much what type they were.
      It took me about 45 minutes and lots of tries to get photos that werent completely blurred, its frustrating how hard it is.
      They do not appear to have a double dose of stripless as there is no blusing.
      What does that mean?

Comment

The Angelfish Society wasfounded in 2000 and became incorporated in March 2003 as a not-for-profit corporation. We are a collection of Angelfish enthusiasts, hobbyists and breeders who are interested in the advancement of our hobby, through improvements in the quality of the fish we keep and breed, by employing the standards of TAS.

Stripless is one of the genes that an anglefish might have.
        The link above is to the angelfish society website. There is a section there on genetics that talks about this gene and many others. There is a lot of other usefull info there.

Comment

My guess is that they are golds. If they were sunsets, they'd be blushing. The only problem I'm having with that is there are no striations on their fins....

Ellen

Comment

Two more site with good angelfish specific info

Comment

Working...
            X