Never mind - I figured it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never mind - I figured it out

It's not oxygen - it's filtration, but thanks anyway.

Re: Never mind - I figured it out

How did you determine?
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

Spending yesterday on-line reading everything I could. If it was an oxygen problem I would be having a nitrite/ammo problem, and I don't. The extra circulation is good but I really need to move the filter to the center or look at a different filter system. And I think I am over feeding!

Comment

Well, they say you can never have too much filtration.  I only feed my fish once a day and only as much that it will be all gone withing 5 minutes.  

Its kinda funny, when I feed my fish in my pond that's in my garage, has about 50 fish....largest being about 3 inches.  It sounds like the cereal Rice Crispys....Snap, Crackle and Pop!  LOL

I'm using the pond to grow them out....around 30 of them are Red Devils.

Raul
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

A good solution would be to get another filter to put on the other side. Then, if one breaks, you have a seeded and ready filter to take on the load. :)

Ellen

Comment

I have an extra Tetra Whisper filter for a 10 gal. I wonder how that would work? Whatcha think?

I'll say one thing about the airstone - the tank is happpier. The clowns are active and happy and everyone else seems better, too. Lots of debris though!

Daisy

Comment

There's no harm in trying it! I say see if it works, and then if it doesn't you can upgrade. Why spend money if you don't need to?   You could always do the 2 filters + the airstone if you and the fish like it!

Ellen

Comment

Working...
              X