• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to FOTAS?!

I am! Let's get a list here.

Re: Who's going to FOTAS?!

Me tooo......
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I can definitely say that I'll be there. By the way, I ordered the awards for the show and they will be very nice. Make sure to reserve your hotel room by October 9 to get the special rate! Also...please sign up for the Awards banquet by October 16. All this can be done online, including menu choices for the banquet. Hope to see you there!
      --Charles
      Charles Jones
      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

I will definitely be there.

max

Comment

i'll be there for the auction! and maybe the show, depends on how much time I have.
          - When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the damn lemons back!

Comment

more than likely i am. . .
            Plecos:
            L083 (Gibby)
            L104 (Clown)
            L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
            L155 (A. Hystrix)
            L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
            LDA72 (BN)
            LDA76 (False Zebra)
            Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
            Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

I'm going. I offered to help Prosper set up. Plus, I'd like to go to the banquet and see Heiko Bleher speak.

Mark
              What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

how much is it to get into the auction? would like to check out the rest of it but work schedule doesnt allow.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

If you're a member of HAS, the auction is free. If you're not, a bidder card is $5. If you go to all three auctions each year, the membership of $15 pays for itself with bidder cards. Also, if you're going to stay in the hotel, the cutoff date for the special rate is the 9th. The cutoff to attend the banquet is the 16th. We have to get the order in to the caterer. You can do all of this online at www.houstonaquariumsociety.org , including selecting banquet menu items and entering your show fish. I'm making a plea for everyone to NOT wait until the last minute. It makes a headache of paperwork at the last minute that I'm hoping to avoid.
                  --Charles
                  Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                  Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

I'm a little confused...  Is registration for selling/showing only? Or must everyone register in order to attend the shows and/or auction?

I'll definitely be going to the auction...I'd LOVE to go to the rest, especially to see the speakers, but don't know how things will work out.

Thanks!
                    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Registration is for the show and speakers and the friday night events. You get a badge, registration pack, etc. and admission to the speakers, hospitality room, etc. If you can make it, it's a fun event. You can register at the door, but cant do the banquet that way as the menu has to be in before then.
                      --Charles
                      The auction on sunday is as usual....just at the convention hotel instead of the american legion post. Oh...and likely larger.
                      Charles Jones

Comment

Working...
                      X