Latest Angel Tank Pictures & Plant question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Angel Tank Pictures & Plant question

Here are some pictures of my 55 gal tank.

I have a question about the "babies" growing on the stalk coming out of the large plant on the far left side of the tank. Basicly the 4th & 5th pictures. One of the babies looks like it's developing roots, the closest one to the mother plant. Do I just cut the stalk below that baby and stick it down into the substrate? I had growth like this before, but never saw any roots develop, and all the babies died off.

Thanks,
    Jerry
    75gal heavy planted tank
    pea gravel on soil substrate
    DIY CO2
    3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
    same substrate
    DIY CO2
    1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Re: Latest Angel Tank Pictures & Plant question

It looks like a type of echinodorus, amazon sword. I've found the best way to root the babies is to let their leaves get a couple inches long and bend the whole stalk to the substrate and hold down with a rock. With the babies still attached to the stalk, push the roots into the substrate. In 3 or 4 weeks the babies should be stromg enough to survive on their own and you can cut the stalk away.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
    X