black & white fish???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black & white fish???

are there any non-aggressive small fish that are a real white and black color?

i looked at zebra danios and they are a black and silver color and black neons have the brown in them. i am looking for a few mid to top swimming fish to add to my zebra pleco tank to help keep the uneaten foods to a minimum. anyone know if there are lfs with marbled hatchet fish? i recall seeing those before and if i cant find anything white then im gonna go with those.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: black & white fish???

How about some Dalmation mollies, I've seen some pretty nice ones around town.
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

i noticed marbled hatchetfish available at anubiusdesign.com from another thread. just thought i would mention it...
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Max has some mollies that are black and white bloched I think, They remind me of a cow.  
        I would talk to him.

Comment

mollies? i think i will put that on the backburner but would rather some sort of tetra or something.

is Max the same as guppymax?
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yes, I have white, white with black marbling, white with black dots, and some gold combinations. I will be at the safari Saturday and shipping fish near the Galeria Sunday afternoon. I live pretty far out on the north east side. The white would breed true and the others might not.

max

Comment

have any pictures of the black marbling and white with black dots?
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Albino cory catfish are white only but they tend to be bottom dwellers. I have seen white gold fish but they get big. You might find some angel fish that would be what you want. I could give your contact information to some people with angel fish.

max

Comment

cory cats would compete with my zebras for food, the tank is 85-86f deg so goldfish are out of the question plus they produce way too much waste and angels would probably attack my plecos.

i dont want to chance it with tankmates that im not too sure of as these zebra plecos have cost me a good amount of change.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I did not find a picture of the dalmation molly. I put a picture in my album of the white and marbled.

max

Comment

"mollies? i think i will put that on the backburner but would rather some sort of tetra or something. " I think it is a bad idea to get some fish you do not want. Why not wait around a bit and see if a better idea comes along?

How about zebra danios or white clouds?

max

Comment

i went to fish ranch and saw some marbled hatchet fish and they dont look as good as i though they would but i did find some solid white fish. they were labeled as albino lemon tetra i believe or something like that.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...rers1159139357  
                          If this works these are the fish I was talking about.

This is a finished auction so i dont know if it will work.

Comment

i saw some of those and to me they look like they have a disease or something.

i think i will stick these white lemon tetra's in the tank and maybe find some black tetras of similar size to give it the black and white look. thanks for all the suggestions.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

How many of the lemon tetras are you getting?
                              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
                              X