Lots of bubbles = Cloudy water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of bubbles = Cloudy water?

I was looking at my tank the other day and it's a little cloudy... when I got nose-to-glass with the tank it looked like the cloudyness was coming from billions of tiny air bubbles.

Right now I am using the veturi-tube on my powerhead to pull air into the tank, and it really does pump a lot of bubbles..

Am I over-bubbling? Is there such a word? Is there such a thing? How do I fix it without suffocating the fish?
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
    Co-President of CAK

Re: Lots of bubbles = Cloudy water?

May I see that? I don't really understand what you are saying. It almost sounds like the air is emulsified in the water like mayonaise? Air bubbles strip unwanted chemicals out of the water, cool the water, and create ripples that increase the surface area of the tank ( oxygenate the water ). It sounds all good to me but you want to see the fish and it is making the water cloudy.

guppymax@msn.com

Comment

i have never had a problem using powerheads and what not without the airhose deal. it looks like crap to me, i would rather a nice stream of water rather then a jillion bubbles doing the exact same thing.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by Ramius";p="
        I was looking at my tank the other day and it's a little cloudy... when I got nose-to-glass with the tank it looked like the cloudyness was coming from billions of tiny air bubbles.

Right now I am using the veturi-tube on my powerhead to pull air into the tank, and it really does pump a lot of bubbles..

Am I over-bubbling? Is there such a word? Is there such a thing? How do I fix it without suffocating the fish?
        If you were to not use the tube, how much water movement do you have? I don't use any air pumps. I just have my canister return and 1 power head in my 70 gallon. The power head points toward the surface so I get plenty of air exchange. I wouldn't worry about your fish suffocating if you have a power head hitting the surface.

Comment

I experienced this once on a new tank I had that the filtratration was built into the lid.  The little hose should have an adjustable cap on the end so you can adjust how much air you want going through.  Simply close it or leave it slightly open.

Raul
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

i should have showed you my 135g when you stopped by the other day, all the powerheads and cannister filters output are pointed to the surface to promote gas exchange through surface agitation. i have zero bubbles since that is meant to agitate the surface.

i hate seeing those little bubbles.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yes air bubbles that do not pop for about 30 SEC meens bad watter. Make 20 % watter  Changes a day till it clears up.

Roger

Comment

Working...
              X