Rare appearance of Busy Fin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare appearance of Busy Fin

I don't get to see Busy Fin the 4th very often, so I thought I'd share him with ya'll.  He's about 9" now, he was only about 3" when I got him.  The only reason he's out during the day is because I rearranged the tank and he's checking out the new layout.  He get's along well with my Discus, but does like to investigate plant roots at times.  Didn't have time to clean the glass from the water change, so pardon the streaks.
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Re: Rare appearance of Busy Fin

Why is his name busyfin the 4th? curious. . .
    Plecos:
    L083 (Gibby)
    L104 (Clown)
    L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
    L155 (A. Hystrix)
    L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
    LDA72 (BN)
    LDA76 (False Zebra)
    Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
    Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

ditto on the name.

he looks good.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

He's the fourth Black Ghost I've had.  I don't name all of my fish, but since Black Ghosts have such cool personalities I've always named my Black Ghosts and the name has always been Busy Fin.   The Busy Fin comes from his constantly moving bottom fin, this guy can really move in reverse as well as forward.  He will eat out of your hand and sometimes swim around the inside your cupped hand.  He can pack quite a wallop when he hits the food in your hand.  Mine can be really friendly and with such an unusal body and mannerisms he can be quite the attention getter.

Comment

I was actually watching an episode on discover the other day about the amazon and they filmed a knifefish. They actually discovered that in the wild, they actuall swim sideways, not front and back. Just my two cents for the day. Otherwise nice knife. Do these get along with cichlids?
          Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Comment

I originally had him in my African tank.  However, the Africans were quite young as was he.  After about six months I noticed he was having to reclaim his cave in the mornings and it was getting to be a bit of a challenge.  I've also kept one with Angels  in the past and they also seemed to get along okay.  I'm looking for a larger natural cave or hollowed out piece of driftwood for him.  Right now I've built him a cave out of assorted pieces of driftwood.

Comment

Working...
            X