Do you keep a journal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you keep a journal?

I'm just curious about the different ways that y'all keep track of info like dates of purchase, water changes, test results, maintenance chores, general observations, etc.  Do you keep a journal, write it on a calendar, or use a computer calendar?  I've been using a desktop calendar program that allows notes to be attached to each day... this seems OK but I'm wondering if there might be something better.  Thanks for your input.

Re: Do you keep a journal?

I use a program called Reefcon. It's free but has a lot of great features. Along with recording purchases, water parameters, various events, it also has the ability to set schedules and reminders for maintenance tasks. You can set up multiple aquariums and view charts of water quality measurements to identify trends. You can even print out a report for each aquarium. It also has a "reference" library with info on a bunch of fish and plant species but I haven't found this feature to work very well. Even so, the program is great for managing multiple tanks. If you Google "reefcon" you should be able to find it.
    Bacteria: the only culture some people have

Comment

Re: Do you keep a journal?

Thanks for the tip.  I downloaded ReefCon LT and installed it today.  It looks like a good program and in addition to the charting and reporting it also has an X10 interface... pretty neat.  Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X