Texas Holy Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Holy Rock

Where exactly does this rock come from? They can be pretty expensive to pick up and I was just thinking... I have a weeks vacation coming my way in October, I have a large pickup, trailer, and a shovel. I'm thinking road trip..
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
    Co-President of CAK

Re: Texas Holy Rock

there was a dig not too long ago organized through this forum.

austin is a good place to start.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

No kidding? I'll have my bike out of the shop in a week and was planning on making one last street run up to austin before making it a track bike. Maybe I could trailer it up there instead and knock out two birds with one stone.

How would I know where to look? Are there forests or something you go to?

If anyone is bored and wants to do this, we could arrange another mini-trip for the beginning of October

David Seratt
      Co-President of CAK

Comment

i can save you the time and you can come get what i got!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I saw your rocks they look great, especially the one in that third pic.

Really though, my tank is pretty full already and I'm not wanting to do this to add to my collection, its more of a "I have a weeks vacation in two weeks and no plans, what can I do?" kinda trip.

Is there a specific place I could go to find these rocks in abundance?

Or do I just go to Austin and start looking?

David Seratt
          Co-President of CAK

Comment

Well no digging for rocks for me this time....October is renaissance festival time....woo hoo!! Il be there every weekend.

Hope you get some good holey rocks. My hubby has them in every tank...he loves those rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by swinters66";p="
              Well no digging for rocks for me this time....October is renaissance festival time....woo hoo!! Il be there every weekend.

Hope you get some good holey rocks. My hubby has them in every tank...he loves those rocks.
              funny you mention the festival, every year so far my fiance has somehow convinced me to go. though the turkey legs and beer is usually enough.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Oh I am a TOTAL rennie...camping, costumes....its great! Good wife you have to "drag" out out there for beer and turkey legs  

Comment

Working...
                X