New fish from Obed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fish from Obed!

Yesterday I stopped at Obed's on my way back up here from visiting my parents in Baytown. He has a nice operation, and I came home with 6 new angels!

Re: New fish from Obed!

Very nice!  :)  Where will they be residing? With the others? Or in a new setup? The zebra lace are beautiful! (Kudos to Obed, too!)
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Right now they're in a 55 gallon in the garage. They were supposed to reside there, but now Allen's really pushing for them to be inside.   He really likes the zebras! I might do some fish-shifting once they've been here awhile. Or maybe I can convice him we really do need either another 46 bowfront for inside...or a bigger one, ya know, like a 72.  

Ellen

Comment

sounds like you have him headed in the right direction. You will make an angelfish hobbiest out of him yet.
        GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

those koi's look great! they all look great.

i want one of those koi angels.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for them?  and how big were they?

Thanks
            Logan5
            There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Your new babies are beautiful, and the koi's will look even better in a few weeks, once the white becomes less transparent. Obed has some really nice angels!

Jerry
              75gal heavy planted tank
              pea gravel on soil substrate
              DIY CO2
              3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
              same substrate
              DIY CO2
              1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Comment

I expect the koi to color up soon, those pictures are from about 14 hours after I got them home, so they're still showing stress in their colors. I'll post another pic here in a week and we can look at the difference.  

Ellen

Comment

If anybody's interested in more pics of these six fish, you can go to: http://www.angelfish.net/yabbse/inde...threadid=11535  

Beware, there's 16 pictures!!  :wink:

Ellen

Comment

those look really good!

looks like your tank might have went into a mini-cycle with the new fish load.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thank you!

Well nothing read, and they had a cycled filter on the tank that had been used with a fish load that is pretty much identical... My thoughts are that it was the other type of bacteria bloom (not the nitrifying bacteria) but at the moment I can't remember what it's called. Most ppl associate the milky/cloudy water with the nitrogen cycle because they happen at the same time, but the nitrogen cycle doesn't create cloudy water. Like I said there, the water stayed perfect the entire time, and the fish were just fine, so I don't think it mini-cycled. The filter was well established which is the final reason I don't think it went thru a nitrogen cycle, if I could only remember what the other 'cycle' is...

Ellen

Comment

Working...
                      X