No announcement yet.

Website problem Yesterday(Saturday 9/9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website problem Yesterday(Saturday 9/9)

Hi folks, I'm sorry about the problems yesterday. The server we were on crashed and the harddrive suffered irreparable damage, so they had us on a back-up with screwed up file permissioning until they could restore the site on the main server. My main problem was that they kept telling me it would be fixed within a couple of hours(I should have known better), so I kept waiting instead of recreating the site with my own backup(which would have taken about 4-6 hours). Needless to say, it's back up now and everything should be working ok now. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, but unfortunately all Friday and Saturday posts are gone because the last stable backup they had was from Thursday.  :furious:  :wail:    

Re: Website problem Yesterday(Saturday 9/9)

Oh well, $%*& happens, I'm just glad you got us back up and running.  I thought I was going to have to find a 10 step program for Houston Fix Box withdrawal  :mrgreen:
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

There's still a problem with some of the photo gallery permissioning. I'm working on that.

Comment

Photo gallery problem has been fixed. Let me know if you see anything else wrong. thanks

Comment

thanks for being so quick with the fix i also thought i might go through withdrawal.
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Yes, thanks for fixing everything!

I can be kind of dense sometimes, but does this also include any PMs that were sent?
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I'm afraid so.  :(

Comment

Working...
              X