75 gallon light suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 gallon light suggestions

I got my 75 in place and running. I went with soil master select charcoal that I got from my neighbor Curtis at Lesco in the woodlands.  I made a cave from a clay pot and a piece of flagstone i cut for my last aquarium. Then created a tarraced effect with that and another piece. Going to find the perfect piece of driftwood to center the other 2/3s of the tank. What I'm really interested in are lights though. I need to find a good deal on 200 watts+ of PC. Of if its possible I'd like to find a 2 x 100 or 2 x 75 metal halide. Is it possible to run 2 x 100 off of a 200 watt ballast? I can't find low wattage electronic ballasts at a good price. (or good plant bulbs either)  

Pet supply Liquidator has a good deal on ballast and bulbs, 2 x 96 for 85, but reflectors and clips can add a bunch. I wonder if i can find mylar at Hobby lobby...

Any suggestions are appriciated!

Sorry about the poor pic, just moved and forgot the usb cable for the canon
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
    n

Re: 75 gallon light suggestions

better pic, water has cleared up.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
    n

Comment

Drsfostersmith.com has some satellite compact fixtures with lunar light and 192w for 155.99
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

This a saltwater site in Houston. They sell a lot of different lighting that is used.
        Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
        Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
        Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

That cave is awesome! Do you sell those?

Comment

THANX! i love the cave. all i did was take a diamond saw to a piece of flag stone and hot glue a 6 inch pot to the back.  Now that I think about it I should have taken some pics of the construction to post.
            n

Comment

Working...
            X