Bait Shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait Shops

Okay, I've been looking around online, but it might be easier just to ask you guys. Also, I'm not sure in which forum to put this, so move it if ya need to.  :) Anyways, anyone know of any bait shops around Houston that have a good stock of "minnows?" Any feedback would be wonderful. I'd like to look around some this weekend, as it's a longer one.

Thanks!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Bait Shops

I'd call Houston Aquatics. They have all kinds of stuff and some big old tanks of feeder fish. I don't have the number, but I think it's in the store list (wherever that is) and I'll tell you this - that guy will sell anything! Kittens, turtles, snakes, spiders, used books . . . well you get the drift. He isn't too far from my house, inside the loop.

Comment

John's phone number is 713 861 2943. He is slow talking and not a real aggressive sale kind of guy. He will deal with you if you are getting a bunch of stuff. I have bought about 56 aquariums from him over the years. I sell him a few fish once in awhile too.
      GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

MB - FYI, He is NOT there on Sat.

Comment

Timo's on the southeast side (off 45 - parkplace/telephone) sells minnows.  He is one of the cheapest in town for his feeders.

Raul
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

John is there on Saturdays. At least he is there when he calls and asks for fish and i deliver to him on saturdays. I have even delivered to him on a few sundays and he was there.
            GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Thanks, but actually, sorry, I was looking for actual "bait shops," like fish and tackle, live bait, etc.

But hey, thanks for all the info! I think I might just check out Houston Aquatics, actually, since it's so close, to me at least!

Comment

For a real bait shop you are going to have to get close to one of the lakes, or galveston.

Comment

Don't know of any bait shops in Galveston that carry minnows.
                  Mostly live shrimp and dead mullet, squid or shrimp.
                  Same here at the Texas City Dyke.
                  If you want minnows, head for lake houston or buy a casting net.
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Oh well, worth a shot. Thanks for the replies!

Comment

if you really want some minows i have a 20' seine and i'm off to day and wed.

Comment

Comment

mycoolhoney - Thanks for the offer! But I was just looking for some shops to see what I could find. (I miss working in a fish store and being able to check out the feeder shipments for natives...I'm a nerd) Are you planning on going to the outing/safari on the 30th? If so, bring your seine, we could probably use it!  

Philistine - thanks for the list, I'll look it over.  :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
                            Okay, I've been looking around online, but it might be easier just to ask you guys. Also, I'm not sure in which forum to put this, so move it if ya need to.  :) Anyways, anyone know of any bait shops around Houston that have a good stock of "minnows?" Any feedback would be wonderful. I'd like to look around some this weekend, as it's a longer one.

Thanks!
                            East Houston Bait & Tackle
                            7310 S Lake Houston Pkwy, Houston, TX
                            (281) 458-3360

I went there after not having any luck catching fish at Lake Sheldon. The lady there was nice enough to give me several gold shiners and various small sunfish for free when I told her I wanted them for my aquarium.
                            PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Reading this thread makes me think of when a friend of mine got some minnows from a bait shop, put them in his pond and lost 90% of his koi and goldfish from anchorworm.  :(

Not the minnows fault tho, his for not QT'ing them first.  The poor fishies paid dearly for his negligence, and they were some really pretty ones too.
                              The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                              Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Working...
                              X