Pics or Info on German Red or Tangerine Peacocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics or Info on German Red or Tangerine Peacocks

We purchased a male and female pair of what we were told to be Tangerine Peacocks.  I do not know the species name but this is what we were told they were.  I have since searched on the internet for good pictures of Tangerines and have been unable to come across anything that resembles the fish we have in our tank.  They actually look almost the same as a picture I found of a German Red.  I will post the picture I am speaking of since I do not have any pictures of the fish themselves.  Anybody have any info or suggestions on this or any good info I can find on the difference of these fish.  My brother just purchased a pair of German Reds that look different than the fish we bought and different than the picture.  I am really confused! :?

Re: Pics or Info on German Red or Tangerine Peacocks

Do you mean the color is different or the shape? They can come in all different color varieties. I just depends on the particular fish. This picuture looks like a dominant show color to me. Very nice! I would love to have a male like that.

Comment

The Tangerine is actually a cross strain of Orange and German red. The orange color is more intense than than in the orange or the red by themselves.
      Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

ahhh. interesting. oh fishbox you should ask Homeless to take a pic of his male. not quite that bright but he is definately stunning,(at least i think its a pretty male.)
        Never fear I is here
        David Abeles
        Vice President
        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I have two male german reds (6 female) and a bunch of little guys... i'll try to post pics this weekend. That is a pretty picture!
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

May have to see about doing a swap there arm. I have some red empresses if you are interested.
            Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Every time you breed  German red you get one or two very pretty orange with blue face(out of 30 to 40).

Comment

Originally posted by houstonfishbox";p="
                Do you mean the color is different or the shape? They can come in all different color varieties. I just depends on the particular fish. This picuture looks like a dominant show color to me. Very nice! I would love to have a male like that.
                I was actually referring to the color difference.  The male that we have looks very similar to the one in the picture in color but not quite as bright.  He is a beautiful deep red orange with a blue face.  I haven't found any pictures of a Tangerine Peacock that looks like the male we have so I am wondering if he is indeed a German Red instead of a Tangerine that he was sold to us as.  I will work on getting some pictures maybe this weekend of him if I can and see what you all think.

Comment

i'll look at your red empresses later tonight scott. i'm kinda attached to these guys though (especially after you showed me how to breed them so effortlessly). Three females are holding as we speak!
                  Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Comment

Nice, you lucky devil.

Comment

Well, here is a pic of what was sold to me as a german red. After looking around, I'm not entirely sure anymore. It may be a chipoka... What do you guys think?

Comment

Doesn't look like any of the German Reds that I have seen or seen in pictures but then again, my fish doesn't look like a Tangerine either!     Very beautiful fish either way!

Comment

Working...
                        X